This Keto Instant Pot Chicken and Mushrooms is even more wildly delicious than it looks. Tender, juicy chicken pair perfectly with sautéed mushrooms. For a complete meal, serve it over cauliflower rice and top it off it feta, olives, and parsley. So ridiculously easy! No Pressure Cooker? No worries! I’ve got slow cooker instructions too.
Keto Instant Pot Chicken is a Recipe You Will Turn to Again and Again!
While I was late to the pressure cooker game, I am most certainly making up for lost time.
I didn’t get one until last year, mostly because I didn’t understand why I needed another kitchen gadget.
I already had a slow cooker, did I need an Instant Pot?
Obviously, a pressure cooker cooks things quickly (duh!), but given that I work from home I felt that my crock pot worked just fine for my lifestyle.
Then I finally took the plunge. Immediately, I fell in love and regretted not getting one sooner.
There is something amazing about the way flavors develop in an instant pot. I love being able to throw together a meal in a flash, even if I haven’t planned ahead.
This recipe is the perfect example. The chicken is perfectly tender and infused with so much flavor from the vegetables, broth, and sherry. It is hard to believe it is so effortless to make.
I opted not to make this a creamy dish, but if you are in the mood, by all means, throw in some cream cheese. (I added some with the sauce when I reheated leftovers and it was amazing.)
On the other hand, if you are dairy-free, just skip the feta or use a nut-based feta alternative.
Either way, I know this is one you are going to love it!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make Creamy Instant Pot Chicken?
Yes! Cook as directed. When the cooking time is up and you have released the pressure, add 8 ounces of cubed cream cheese to the pressure cooker. Return the lid to the pot and let it sit until the cheese melts. (You can also add the cream cheese prior to cooking.) . If the sauce is too thin, you can add about 1/4 teaspoon of xanthan gum. Stir to combine. If it is too thick, add in more broth, 1 tablespoon at a time. I love it this way served over Zucchini Noodles.
How long does this recipe keep in the refrigerator?
This should last well for three or four days. It is great leftover!
Can you freeze this recipe?
Without the cheese, this recipe can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Can I cook frozen chicken in the Instant Pot?
Yes. You can used cubed frozen chicken in this recipe. Increase the cooking time to 12 minutes.
My Instant Pot isn’t coming to pressure. How can I fix this?
The pressure release on your pot has two positions that it can be set at, Sealing or Venting. The pressure release (or steam release) has to be set to sealing for the pot to come to pressure. So make sure that your pot is set to sealing. You also need to make sure that the ring is properly secured in place. If it is loose the pot will not come to pressure. Sealing rings have a life of about a year, so if you continue to have an issue once the ring is seated properly in the lid, it may be time to replace it.
You May Need:
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualified sales.
- Instant Pot
- Slotted Spoon
Other Great Low Carb Recipes to Try:
- Keto Ranch Chicken is quick to make, and one that even the kids like.
- Casseroles don’t get any better than this Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole.
- For a meal that is simple to make but fancy enough for entertaining, it doesn’t get much better than this Keto Chicken Parmesan.
Keto Instant Pot Chicken and Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 12 ounces cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon Mediterranean Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cooking sherry
- 2 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup sliced olives
- Select the Saute setting on the Instant Pot to medium and heat the avocado oil.
- Add onion, garlic, celery, and mushrooms.
- Cook for about 7 minutes, until the onion has softened.
- Add the chicken, Mediterranean seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Stir to combine.
- Cook for 4 minutes, stirring often.
- Add chicken broth and cooking sherry.
- Secure the lid and seal.
- Cancel the saute' function. Select Pressure and set cooking time to 10 minutes. (Make sure your pressure release is set to sealing.)
- When cooking is done, let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, and then move the pressure release to vent.
- Open the pot and stir.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the chicken and vegetables from the Instant Pot.
- Serve over cooked cauliflower rice with feta and olives.
Slow Cooker Instructions
- To make this in a slow cooker, follow the recipe through step 7, using either the Sauté unction on your slow cooker or on the stove top.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.