I am wild about these Keto Zucchini Chips, and I think you will be too! Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, these delicious nibbles are loved by all. (Even those not on a low carb diet.) They are perfect for game day, or any time you need something to serve as a vessel for a dip. (Because that is most definitely a real NEED at times. AmIRight?)
I have often joked that I am all about dips and sauces, and one of the challenges of a low carb diet is that your options for dippers are limited.
If you love sauces as much as I do, I'd like to introduce you to your newest BFF.
Do you know what else is exciting about this recipe? It is an easy way to get your kids eating vegetables. (Something that all three of my kids resist.)
They are surprisingly easy to make! I like to use a mandoline - it makes slicing them perfectly even a BREEZE. They aren't expensive and well worth the investment. (I've linked to mine under tools.)
Thinner slices will create a crunchier chip, but of course, involve a bit more breading. Although the idea of breading zucchini can feel daunting, the process goes quickly. I promise it isn't as labor-intensive as it sounds!
- Zucchini - I typically go for medium-sized zucchini. Smaller ones are cumbersome to bread, and larger ones tend to have larger seeds and inferior flavor.
- Eggs - I used large eggs; whatever you have on hand works.
- Almond Flour - Make sure you use finely ground for the best coverage.
- Parmesan Cheese - As with the almond flour, I prefer finely grated.
- Salt - I use pink sea salt.
- Garlic Powder - I love the flavor that garlic powder gives these zucchini chips. If you don't like garlic, onion powder would be a good substitute.
- Smoked Paprika - I am a tiny bit obsessed with smoked paprika, which comes in mild or hot. If you don't have either, regular paprika will suffice.
- Pepper - Fresh ground is best.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn From Qualifying Sales
Frequently Asked Questions
If breading isn't your thing, you can slice the zucchini to ⅛ inch thick, and sprinkle with sea salt, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and fresh ground pepper.
Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in a 250-degree oven for 1 hour. Flip and bake another 30 minutes.
Because of the crispy factor, it is best to make this recipe just before serving. However, if you would like to prep ahead you can bread the zucchini up to four hours before cooking.
Leftovers are good for about 2 days kept covered in the refrigerator. I like to re-crisp them in the air fryer or in the oven.
You sure can! Doing this cuts down the cooking time by about 4 minutes, and yields crispier zucchini chips
- Mandoline Slicer (optional)
- Air Fryer or Baking Sheet (I am linking to the air fryer I have. Amazon has many less expensive models which also work well.)
- Shallow Bowls
How to Make Keto Zucchini Chips in the Air Fryer or Oven
First, cut your zucchini thin. I like to use a mandoline slicer for this, but a knife works too.
Next, whisk together your eggs in a shallow bowl.
In another bowl stir together almond flour, Parmesan cheese, sea salt, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and fresh ground pepper.
Dip the zucchini in the egg wash.
Next, coat with the almond flour mixture, using your hands to gently press the coating to the zucchini.
Continue coating, placing the already coated zucchini chips on a parchment lined plate or baking sheet.
Cook for about 8 minutes in the air fryer or 12 minutes in the oven, until golden brown.
Other Must Try Keto Appetizers & Sides:
- Sometimes simple is best, and this Marinated Cheese proves it! This is quick to make and even quicker to disappear.
- I kid you not - these Keto Jalapeno Poppers are the best poppers I've ever had! I never get tired of these.
- Keto Chicken Wings are a universally loved appetizer!
- I love these Keto Cauliflower Wings so much that I've been known to make them up to three times in a week. They are seriously that good.
- These Keto Onion Rings are so good that you will hardly believe that they are low carb!
Looking for more Zucchini inspiration? You will find it with these 37 Keto Zucchini Recipes!
Keto Zucchini Chips
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees or the oven to 425.
- Whisk together eggs in a shallow bowl.
- In another bowl, stir together almond flour, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and black pepper.
- Dip the zucchini slices in the egg mixture, and then coat with the almond flour mixture.
- Place the zucchini chips in a single layer in the air fryer on on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Cook for 8 minutes in the air fryer or 12 minutes in the oven flipping half way through, until golden brown.