– 1 pound boneless chicken breast pounded to even thickness – ⅓ cup coconut flour – 1 teaspoon garlic powder – 1 teaspoon sea salt – ¼ teaspoon black pepper – ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper – 3 large eggs beaten – 1 ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut – Coconut oil for cooking (melt for air frying and baking.
– Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture, and then dip into the egg.
– Press the chicken into the coconut, using your fingers to make sure the chicken is coated.
– Brush both sides of the chicken with the melted coconut oil if you are air frying or baking.
– Heat your air fryer to 400 degrees. – Add the chicken in a single layer, cooking in batches if necessary.
– Cook for 10 - 12 minutes, flipping halfway through until the internal temperature reaches 160° F. – Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.