Keto Buffalo Chicken
This Low Carb Buffalo Chicken recipe is easy to make and delicious. It is perfect for weeknight meals and both adults and kids will love it!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- Avocado Oil for cooking
- 1/3 cup hot sauce like Frank's Hot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
For Serving: Keto Blue Cheese Dressing, Blue Cheese Crumbles
In a shallow bowl combine almond flour, Parmesan, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper.
In a separate bowl, bet the eggs.
Dip the chicken tenders in the eggs, and then coat with the almond flour mixture.
Heat 2 inches of avocado oil in a skillet to 375 degrees.
Fry for about 10 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
Drain on paper towels.
Heat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
Spray your air fryer basket with oil. Add chicken tenders and spray.
Cook for 8 minutes, flipping half way through.
While the chicken is cooking, combine hot sauce, butter, vinegar, garlic, and salt to a small saucepan.
Heat until the butter is melted, whisking to combine.
Tips & Tricks
- If you don’t want to Air Fry or Fry them, you can bake them in a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes.
- Make sure that you only flip them once! Flipping more often causes the breading to fall off.
- If you would like to thicken the left over sauce for dipping, stir in 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum.
Variations for this Recipe:
- For a breaded low carb BBQ chicken, substitute Keto BBQ sauce for the Franks Hot Sauce.
- If pork rinds are your thing, you may use ground up pork rinds in place of the almond flour.
Calories: 346kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 178mg | Sodium: 1233mg | Potassium: 502mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 755IU | Vitamin C: 16.6mg | Calcium: 195mg | Iron: 1.6mg