Keto Zucchini Bread
You will fall in love with this delicious Keto Zucchini Bread recipe! With almond flour, sour cream, pecans, and sweetened with swerve, this easy recipe is simply the best. Moist, light and healthy, you are going to make this recipe again and again! Just 3 net carbs per slice.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time50 mins
Total Time1 hr 10 mins
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with oil and dust with almond flour.
Beat together the butter and Swerve in the bowl of a stand mixer.
Add eggs and vanilla, and beat until combined.
In a separate bowl, stir together almond flour, whey protein powder, psyllium husk powder, salt and baking powder.
Add to the butter mixture, alternating with the sour cream, and ending with the flour mixture.
Squeeze the moisture out of the zucchini by placing it in a clean dish towel and twisting the towel to release the moisture.
Stir in the zucchini and pecans and transfer to the prepared pan.
Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean. (Watch it for the last 20 minutes - if the top starts to get too brown tent it with foil or parchment paper.
Allow to sit on a wire rack for 10 minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before cutting.
Please note that nutritional information does not include sugar alcohols.
Tips & Tricks
- This recipe is best served toasted with butter.
- You can refrigerate it for up to a week, or freeze it up to a month. Since bread can dry out when refrigerated, I recommend slicing and freezing it on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Then store the slices with parchment between them.
- Don’t skip wringing the moisture out of the zucchini. If you do, it will be close to impossible to get the loft to cook through.
- If the bread starts to brown too much towards the end, as often happens with baked goods that have almond flour, cover it loosely with parchment paper or foil.
- Do not attempt to slice this bread straight from the oven. It is best to let it cool thoroughly first.
Variations for This Recipe:
- Feel free to skip the pecans. This will result a lower carb count if that is desired. (But I think they are worth the carbs!)
- You can substitute chopped walnuts or macadamia nuts for the pecans.
- Add in 2 teaspoons of lemon zest.
- Add 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds.
Calories: 194kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 115mg | Potassium: 92mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 238IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 1mg