Marinated Cheese Recipe
This simple appetizer is a perfect for simple entertaining! You can make it up to two weeks ahead of time. Just don’t forget to let it come to room temperature prior to serving.
- 1 pound sharp grass-fed cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 sprigs thyme
Cut the cheddar cheese into cubes.
Add olive oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper flakes to a small bowl.
Whisk to combine.
Place cheddar cheese in a shallow bowl and pour the marinate over it.
Cover and chill for at least 12 hours.
Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Add a seeded diced jalapeno or chipotle chili pepper to the marinade and substitute cilantro for the thyme.
- Add three thinly sliced garlic cloves to the marinade.
- Reduce the cheese to 3/4 pound and add in 1/2 cup olives.
- In place of the olive oil, use a pre-seasoned oil like chili oil or garlic oil.
Calories: 233kcal | Protein: 9g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 332mg | Potassium: 43mg | Vitamin A: 415IU | Vitamin C: 0.9mg | Calcium: 275mg | Iron: 0.4mg