Keto Marinara Sauce Recipe
There is nothing quite like the cozy smell of this Low Carb Marinara Sauce simmering on the stove. It is perfect to make on a lazy Sunday afternoon.
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 56 ounces canned whole peeled tomatoes 2- 28 oz cans crushed by hand (make sure you use a no-sugar added brand)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Heat butter and olive oil in a large stock pan to medium heat.
Add onion and cook for 4 minutes, until tender. Add garlic and cook for one minute longer.
Stir in tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and crushed pepper flakes.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low and cook for 40 minutes.
- You can use 3 ½ pounds of fresh ripe tomatoes in place of the canned tomatoes.
- If desired, stir in fresh basil and/or oregano in the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- If you are low carb and not keto, a grated carrot added in when you add the onion adds a nice hint of sweetness.
- Stir in 3 ounces of Parmesan cheese at the end.
Slow Cooker Keto Marinara Sauce
- Complete steps one and two on the saute' function of your slow cooker, or on the stovetop.
- Add all the ingredients to your slow cooker, and cook on low for 8 hours.
Instant Pot Keto Marinara Sauce
- Turn your Instant Pot to saute, and add the butter and olive oil to the pot.
- When the butter melts, add onion and cook for 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Stir in tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and crushed pepper flakes.
- Close the lid, and make sure it is set to seal.
Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
Release the pressure using the quick-release method.
Carefully unlock and remove the lid.
Calories: 76.01kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.89g | Protein: 0.93g | Fat: 6.41g | Saturated Fat: 2.32g | Cholesterol: 7.63mg | Sodium: 434.42mg | Potassium: 197.78mg | Fiber: 1.26g | Sugar: 2.6g | Vitamin A: 228.57IU | Vitamin C: 9.71mg | Calcium: 38.43mg | Iron: 1.11mg