If you want an appetizer that is quick to make and even quicker to disappear, you are going to fall in love with this Keto Queso. Feel free to play with this one and adapt the heat to suit the tastes of your tribe. Just 1 net carb per serving!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce minced, plus 1 tablespoon chipotle sauce
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup heavy cream or ½ cup unsweetened almond milk and ½ cup whipping cream
- 1 ¼ cup grated cheddar cheese grated
- ¾ cup grated pepper jack cheese grated
- For Topping: sliced scallions diced tomatoes, sliced jalapeños, cilantro
Heat oil over medium heat.
Add onion and chipotle chili and cook for 5 minutes.
Sprinkle with salt and xanthan gum.
Add heavy cream and chipotle sauce and stir to combine.
Bring to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes, until the sauce begins to thicken.
Reduce heat to low and stir in cheese.
Cook until the cheese is melted.
Calories: 234kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 253mg | Potassium: 55mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 696IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 226mg | Iron: 1mg