Keto Vanilla Ice Cream
You won't believe how fast and easy making homemade low carb ice cream is! People go crazy for this recipe - no one will know that it is sugar-free and keto-friendly!
- 3 cups heavy cream
- ¾ cup Allulose Sweetener
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup MCT oil or melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon xanthan gum
Bring heavy cream, allulose, and sea salt to a simmer over medium-high heat. Cook, constantly whisking, until the sweetener is dissolved.
Remove from heat and stir in MCT oil, vanilla extract, and xanthan gum.
Chill completely in the refrigerator and process according to the ice cream makers manufacturers instructions.
It will initially be like soft-serve. If you prefer it firmer, place it in a freezer-safe dish and cover. Freeze for 2 hours.
Please note that the carbohydrate count does not include Allulose, which has zero net carbs.
Variations for This Recipe
- For an even richer vanilla taste, add 1 teaspoon vanilla powder. You can also use 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and scraped.
- Add ½ teaspoon almond extract.
- Add ½ cup Lily's Chocolate Chips to your ice cream maker as the ice cream starts to firm up.
Calories: 251kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 48mg | Potassium: 45mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 875IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1mg