Keto Chicken Enchilada Casserole
If you like flavor-packed super-quick meals, this Keto Enchilada Casserole is one you are going to love. It is what I make when I want to keep my taste buds singing, but don't have much time.
- 1 cup keto enchilada sauce or any keto-friendly brand
- 1 pound cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces diced green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar divided.
- Optional Toppings: Cilantro Green Onion, Guacamole, Shredded Lettuce, Olives, Sour cream, Jalapeños, Avocado, Tomato
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a large bowl, stir together the chicken, sour cream, green chilies, chili powder, garlic, powder, smoked paprika, and half of the cheddar. Season to taste with salt and pepper
Put 2 tablespoons of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 8 x 8 casserole dish.
Top with the chicken mixture then the remaining enchilada sauce.
Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake for 25 minutes.
Garnish with desired toppings, and serve warm.
- Add ½ teaspoon Mexican oregano to the meat mixture.
- Use Monterey Jack or Pepperjack cheese in place of the cheddar.
- This recipe is also great with Keto Slow Cooker Beef instead of the chicken.
- You can use a keto-friendly taco seasoning mix in place of the seasonings.
Tips & Tricks
- Since this recipe is so simple, much of the flavor will come from the enchilada sauce you use. I like to make my own and freeze it, so a quick meal is always at hand, but you can find keto-friendly enchilada sauce in some stores. Just make sure you read the label!
- This recipe can be made a day ahead of time and kept covered in the refrigerator.
- You may also freeze this for up to one month. (Leave the cheese off if you are planning on freezing it and add it at the last minute.) I sometimes make one for now and one to freeze for later.
- If you don't have shredded chicken on hand, pick up a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store.
Calories: 338kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 724mg | Potassium: 446mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1489IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 329mg | Iron: 1mg