Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
These Peanut Butter Cookies come together in the time it would take you to run to the store for a keto-friendly snack. This easy recipe is one I turn to again and again.
- 1 cup brown sugar substitute like Swerve
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the brown sugar and peanut butter until creamy and smooth.
Add in the egg, vanilla, baking soda, and salt and beat until combined.
Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out the dough and form into balls. Place the balls on the baking sheet and flatten. Use the tines of a fork to create a crisscross pattern.
Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes.
Please not that the carbohydrate count does not include the sugar alcohols.
Peanut butter brands vary in how liquid they are. If you feel you need a touch more moisture, you can add in heavy cream, 1 tablespoon at a time. Just be careful not to overdo it! The mixture should be crumbly, but come together into balls easily.
Variations and Tips
- I used Swerve brown sugar. Surkin Gold is another brand that I have used and liked. If you don't have either and don't want to pick up a new sweetener, Swerve confectioners works in this recipe as well.
- Remember that all ovens cook slightly differently, so pay attention to how the cookies are looking towards the end. They can burn quickly!
- You can adjust the cooking time for a chewier versus crisper cookie. At 10 minutes, they are still fairly chewy. They will harden as the days go by, though.
- For a fun twist, try adding in chocolate chips.
Calories: 88.42kcal | Carbohydrates: 2.85g | Protein: 3.9g | Fat: 7.46g | Saturated Fat: 1.58g | Cholesterol: 9.09mg | Sodium: 131.98mg | Potassium: 96.4mg | Fiber: 0.86g | Sugar: 1.36g | Vitamin A: 13.2IU | Calcium: 7.53mg | Iron: 0.31mg