Keto Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole
This simple casserole is shockingly simple to make and never fails to satisfy. If you are not a jalapeno person, feel free to substitute the much milder poblano pepper.
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs cooked and shredded
- ½ pound jalapeno peppers
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces cooked and crumbled bacon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, minced onion, garlic, and paprika. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Stir in the shredded chicken and spread in the bottom of the prepared casserole dish.
Cut the tops of the jalapeños and cut lengthwise. Carefully remove the seeds and ribs (the white part). Slice into thin strips and sprinkle on top of the chicken mixture.
Top with cheddar cheese bake for 25 minutes. Top with the bacon and cook for 5 minutes longer.