This Keto Asparagus is ridiculously easy to make and such a flavor-packed side dish. Easy enough for a weeknight and elegant enough for entertaining! Just three net carbs a serving.
- 1 pound asparagus with ends snapped off
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt for an extra punch of flavor use truffle sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees or your oven to 420 degrees.
Trim the ends of your asparagus off. If you have especially thick asparagus, you may wish to trim the sides as well.
Place the asparagus in a bowl.
Whisk together the olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
Pour over the asparagus and toss to coat.
Air Fryer Keto Asparagus
Spread the asparagus in a single layer in your air fryer basket. Depending on the size of your air fryer you may need to cook in batches.
Cook for 5 minutes for crisp-tender asparagus, or for 8 to 11 minutes for asparagus that is crisp and brown but still tender on the inside.
Baked Keto Asparagus
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread asparagus in a single layer.
Cook for 6 minutes for crisp-tender asparagus, or for 10 to 13 minutes for asparagus that is crisp and brown but still tender inside.
- If you are dairy free, skip the Parmesan.
- Use lime juice instead of lemon juice, at a pinch of cayenne pepper, and top with toasted pine nuts.
- Top with pancetta or bacon. Keto Asparagus with Bacon = Dinner Bliss!
- Use goat cheese instead of Parmesan cheese.
- Melted butter can be used instead of the oil . (Use unsalted - that way you can control the salt levels!)
Calories: 106kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 493mg | Potassium: 249mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 955IU | Vitamin C: 7.8mg | Calcium: 175mg | Iron: 2.5mg