Fajitas are always a fun meal, and this Keto Chicken Fajita Casserole packs all the flavors with the ease of a casserole. Perfect for weeknights since you can do all the prep-work ahead of time. It is delicious on its own, but perhaps even more so when served with a dollop of sour cream and a few avocado slices.
– ¼ cup avocado oil – 2 tablespoons lime juice – 3 tablespoon keto taco seasoning or fajita seasoning, divided – ½ teaspoon sea salt – 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken cut into strips – 2 bell pepper seeded and sliced – 1 large onion sliced – 8 ounces cream cheese softened and cubed – 8 ounces shredded cheddar
– Combine the avocado oil, lime juice, 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning, and salt in a small bowl. Place the chicken in a shallow dish or zip-top bag and pour the marinade over. Marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
– Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray. – Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 4 to 6 minutes, stirring halfway through until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
– Add the vegetables, and cook until they are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. (You can add additional oil if the pan is too dry.)
– Add the chicken back to the skillet and reduce heat to medium-low.
– Add cream cheese and remaining 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning. Stir until melted.
– Transfer to the prepared baking dish. Top with cheese and bake for 30 minutes.