The secret to incomparably tender chicken in this Air Fryer Chicken with no breading is a deliciously punchy mayonnaise-based marinade. With tangy dijon and a kick of heat, you are going to turn to this recipe again and again. I like to make a double recipe on the weekend. We have one for dinner, and I’ve got chicken leftover for recipes and other meal prep for the week.
This Air Fryer Chicken Deserves to Become a New Habit!
If your family is anything like mine, chicken is a go-to weeknight meal that doesn’t take a lot of thought.
Serve it with a sauce, and pretty much everyone is happy.
When the weather is nice, I like to make this Keto Grilled Chicken. But, when it is hot – or when I just don’t feel like having to watch anything – I make this Air Fried Chicken with No Breading.
This is such a versatile recipe because it stands well on it own, but it is also fabulous to make ahead for salads, low-carb wraps, casseroles, and pizzas. I almost never make just one recipe of this because it is just so easy and so tasty!
(You can even free it already cooked for those times when you are really in a pinch!)
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken with No Breading:
1 First, make the marinade by combining mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, Tamara, Italian seasoning, salt, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Stir to combine. Place the chicken in a shallow dish and cover with the marinade. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to overnight.
2 Next, preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees. Arrange the chicken in a single layer and cook for 7 minutes.
3 Finally, flip and cook for 7 more minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
Variations for This Recipe:
- If soy is an issue for you or you prefer to avoid it, I recommend using Bragg’s Liquid Aminos or Coconut Aminos in its place. If you do use it, try to get organic as most soy is GMO.
- Use lime in place of the lemon juice and add 2 chopped green onions and a tablespoon of tahini to the marinade.
- Add 2 tablespoons minced rosemary, and 1 teaspoon paprika to the marinade. (I like smoked paprika.)
- Add 1/4 cup finely diced onions and 2 tablespoons of dry white wine to the marinade.
Tips & Tricks:
- If you are looking to get an Air Fryer, THIS is the model I recommend. I’ve had four different air fryers before finally settling on this one. It is the best! If it is beyond your budget, know that you can get an air fryer that will perform well for considerably less.
- If you plan on marinating the meat for more than four hours, I recommend omitting the lemon juice as it can make the chicken tough if it marinates too long.
- The recommended internal temperature for chicken is 165 degrees, however, I recommend taking it out when it reaches 160 degrees and letting it rest for 5 to 10 minutes. The temperature will continue to increase as it rests.
If You Like This Recipe You May Also Like:
- This Keto BBQ Chicken is an easy recipe that never gets old! This is one loved by kids and adults.
- If grilling is in your plans, it doesn’t get much better than this Keto Grilled Chicken. So juicy and flavorful!
- You are going to fall in love with this Keto Lemon Chicken. Tangy lemon sauce with a nice kick of pepper will have you making this recipe again and again.
- Keto Chicken Pot Pie is pure comfort food that never gets old!
Air Fryer Chicken with No Breading Recipe
Just say no to boring chicken! This Air Fryer Chicken with No Breading is a super easy recipe that takes less than 5 minutes of hands-on time. I like to serve it with Keto Ranch Dressing or Keto Blue Cheese Dressing, but it is juicy and tender enough to serve on its own. It is also fabulous to use in recipes that call for cooked chicken.
Air Fryer Chicken with No Breading
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice optional
- 1 tablespoon gluten free tamari
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breast or thighs
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, tamari, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Place the chicken in a shallow dish or large zip top plastic bag.
- Add marinade and return to the refrigerator for 30 minutes or up to overnight. (Omit the lemon juice if you are marinating more than 4 hours.)
- Preheat your Air Fryer to 400 degrees.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer in the air fryer.
- Cook for 7 minutes.
- Flip and cook for about 7 more minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken on a parchment lined baking sheet and cook for 25 to 30 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.