The secret to incomparably tender chicken in this Air Fryer Chicken with no breading is a deliciously punchy mayonnaise-based marinade. With tangy dijon and a kick of heat, you are going to turn to this recipe again and again. I like to make a double recipe on the weekend. We have one for dinner, and I’ve got chicken leftover for recipes and other meal prep for the week.
This Air Fryer Chicken Deserves to Become a New Habit!
If your family is anything like mine, chicken is a go-to weeknight meal that doesn’t take a lot of thought.
Serve it with a sauce, and pretty much everyone is happy.
When the weather is nice, I like to make this Keto Grilled Chicken. But, when it is hot - or when I just don’t feel like having to watch anything - I make this Air Fried Chicken with No Breading.
This is such a versatile recipe because it stands well on it own, but it is also fabulous to make ahead for salads, low-carb wraps, casseroles, and pizzas. I almost never make just one recipe of this because it is just so easy and so tasty!
(You can even free it already cooked for those times when you are really in a pinch!)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn From Qualifying Sales
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken with No Breading:
1 First, make the marinade by combining mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, coconut aminos, Italian seasoning, salt, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Stir to combine. Place the chicken in a shallow dish and cover with the marinade. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to overnight.
2 Next, preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees. Arrange the chicken in a single layer and cook for 7 minutes.
3 Finally, flip and cook for 7 more minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
Variations for This Recipe:
- Use lime in place of the lemon juice and add 2 chopped green onions and a tablespoon of tahini to the marinade.
- Add 2 tablespoons minced rosemary, and 1 teaspoon paprika to the marinade. (I like smoked paprika.)
- Add ¼ cup finely diced onions and 2 tablespoons of dry white wine to the marinade.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn From Qualifying Sales
Tips & Tricks:
- If you are looking to get an Air Fryer, THIS is the model I recommend. I've had four different air fryers before finally settling on this one. It is the best! If it is beyond your budget, know that you can get an air fryer that will perform well for considerably less.
- If you plan on marinating the meat for more than four hours, I recommend omitting the lemon juice as it can make the chicken tough if it marinates too long.
- The recommended internal temperature for chicken is 165 degrees, however, I recommend taking it out when it reaches 160 degrees and letting it rest for 5 to 10 minutes. The temperature will continue to increase as it rests.
If You Like This Recipe You May Also Like:
- This Keto BBQ Chicken is an easy recipe that never gets old! This is one loved by kids and adults.
- If grilling is in your plans, it doesn't get much better than this Keto Grilled Chicken. So juicy and flavorful!
- You are going to fall in love with this Keto Lemon Chicken. Tangy lemon sauce with a nice kick of pepper will have you making this recipe again and again.
- Keto Chicken Pot Pie is pure comfort food that never gets old!
Air Fryer Chicken with No Breading Recipe
Just say no to boring chicken! This Air Fryer Chicken with No Breading is a super easy recipe that takes less than 5 minutes of hands-on time. I like to serve it with Keto Ranch Dressing or Keto Blue Cheese Dressing, but it is juicy and tender enough to serve on its own. It is also fabulous to use in recipes that call for cooked chicken.
Air Fryer Chicken with No Breading
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice optional
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ pounds boneless chicken breast or thighs
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, coconut aminos, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Place the chicken in a shallow dish or large zip top plastic bag.
- Add marinade and return to the refrigerator for 30 minutes or up to overnight. (Omit the lemon juice if you are marinating more than 4 hours.)
- Preheat your Air Fryer to 400 degrees.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer in the air fryer.
- Cook for 7 minutes.
- Flip and cook for about 7 more minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken on a parchment lined baking sheet and cook for 25 to 30 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
Other Keto Air Fryer Recipes to Try
- Easy Keto Berry Cheesecake proves that the air fryer is good for more than just savory dishes!
- These Keto Air Fryer Fish Sticks from All Day I Dream About Food are sure to please the whole family!
Crispy chicken without the added calories of breading? Yes, please! This sounds perfect for those watching their calorie intake.
I’ve heard a lot about air fryers lately. I’m thinking I should get one. That chicken looks delicious!
I haven't tried to make chicken in the air fryer yet. That's going to be my next recipe.
That chicken looks great! I just recently tried making chicken including mayo and I really liked the taste.
Air Fryer Chicken with no breading sounds so healthy and yummy! I hope I can cook this next weekend. Looks so delicious!
Carrie | Clean Eating Kitchen
I love my air fryer! This looks like an awesome recipe that loaded with flavor. Look forward to trying it!
I've been looking for more recipes to make in our air fryer. This looks like a good one that my family would enjoy!
This looks so delicious! I have been hearing about air fryers and this looks like such a great way to use them!
Looks delicious - I love that you give more recipe variations! will try to prepare this weekend! Thanks for sharing!
Kristine Nicole Alessandra
I think cooking in an air fryer would be a better way to eat healthy food. I have been thinking of getting one. I will keep on mentioning this to my husband. Maybe he'd get this for me on my birthday. If not, I will get it myself! Saving this chicken recipe too for when I do get my hands on my very own air fryer.
That chicken looks delicious! I better get me some Air Fryer since I see lots of tasty recipes I could try with it.
I baked my chicken in the oven. The flavor was overwhelmingly scrumptious! Very easy to prepare! Thanks for this fabulous recipe.
I am so glad you enjoyed it as much as we do Arlene! It means so much to me that you took the time to let me know. Have a great weekend!
Could this recipe be used on the grill?
Yes - that would work just fine.
Had my air fryer less than a week but this looks delicious and I'm going to try it and the variations.
Thanks a heap.
This was absolutely amazing! Whilst I did not get it crispy, the flavour was out of this world and the chicken was so moist. I loved that it was so quick to prepare with common pantry ingredients..It will now be my go to chicken recipe to use with salads etc
Thank you so much for the recipe..
So glad that you enjoyed it!
Super delicious and easy to make!!
Wendy, I been low carb for 22 years.. and my dear YOU have the BEST EVERYDAY RECIPES I HAVE RUN ACROSS..
THANK YOU THANK YOU...i LOVE YOUR WAY OF COOKING... FITS ME TO A ...T... you can bet I will follow you along...
I am just learning more about my Air Fryer so wowsie... this will be done tomorrow...
have a blessed weekend and enjoy..
You are so kind Shelia! Thanks so much. I am glad you are enjoying everything.
This chicken was outstanding! My whole family loved it and my husband said I finally nailed chicken in the air fryer with this.
You just made my week!
Loved this recipe , so easy to make, definitely be making again. Thanks so much.
Do I need to oil the air fryer basket?
I would brush or spray the chicken with oil instead to minimize smoking.
I see Tamara is in the instructions at the top but not listed w/the ingredients? Can you please clarify? I’m making this tomorrow. Thx!
I see Tamara is the soy. Please disregard my previous comment
marcie D richardson
My husband cannot have anything coconut what else can i use instead of coconut aminos
You could use gluten free tamari.
This was so delicious! I used chicken tenderloins since that’s what I had, so I cooked it for less time. I will definitely be cooking this again!
I am so glad you enjoyed it!
Made this recipe for dinner yesterday and the whole family really enjoyed it, even the cat LOVED it. Probably one of the best if not the best chicken recipe we’ve ever made! Adding to our dinner rotation! Pairs so well with roasted veggies. Thanks so much for sharing.