Meatloaf is always a good idea, and it doesn’t get much better than this Keto Meatloaf! Cheesy, gooey, and flavor-packed, this is comfort food at its best. The cayenne pepper gives this a nice kick - if you are serving this to small children you may want to either reduce or eliminate it.
– 1 ½ pounds ground beef – 1 large egg beaten – ½ onion chopped fine – 2 ounces Parmesan cheese shredded – 2 ounces Mozzarella cheese shredded – 2 cloves garlic minced – 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning – 1 teaspoon sea salt – ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper – ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper more or less to taste. Sauce – ¾ cup tomato sauce – 1 tablespoon brown sugar substitute – 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard – 1 teaspoon smoked paprika – ½ teaspoon liquid smoke
– Preheat oven to 375 degrees. – Place ground beef in a large bowl and add egg, onion, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, ground pepper, and cayenne pepper.
– Form a loaf in a loaf pan and bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
– Meanwhile, while the meatloaf is cooking, combine tomato sauce, brown sugar substitute, Dijon mustard, smoked paprika, and liquid smoke in a small bowl.
– Whisk together to combine.
– Add half of the sauce and bake for 20 minutes longer.
– Serve with remaining sauce on the side.