Want all the flavors of your favorite sandwich in the confines of an easy to make dish? You are going to fall in love with this Keto Philly Cheesesteak Casserole. The creaminess of the cheese sauce plays perfectly with shaved steak and sautéed onions and peppers. This has quickly become one of my favorite meals.
– 2 pounds shaved steak – Salt and pepper – 1 tablespoon avocado oil – 1 chopped onion – 1 bell pepper cut into ½ inch strips (red, green, or yellow) – 1 teaspoon garlic powder – 1 tablespoon butter – ¾ cup beef broth – 4 ounces cream cheese cubed – 16 ounces grated provolone divided
– Preheat oven to 350° F. Season the steak with salt and pepper to taste. – Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the steak and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from the heat. Allow to cool slightly and chop.
– Add the onion and peppers to the skillet and cook for 6 minutes, until softened. Add the garlic powder and season to taste with salt and pepper. Return the chopped steak to the skillet and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
– Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan and add the beef broth. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and add the cream cheese. Cook, whisking often until the cream cheese is melted.
– Reduce heat to low and add in 8 ounces of the provolone cheese. Cook until the cheese is melted.
– Add the cheese sauce to the steak mixture and stir to combine.
– Transfer to a casserole dish and top with the remaining cheese.
– Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until bubbly and heated through.