Keto Caesar Salad
This Keto Caesar Salad is what I make when I want serious flavors and don't have much time. I like to prep the dressing and chicken on the weekend so that I can have dinner on the table in about 10 minutes.
Crispy Cheese “Croutons”
- 3 ounces fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl combine Parmesan, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
Use a tablespoon measure, place Parmesan on the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Flatten with a the back of a fork.
Bake for about 9 minutes, until golden brown. Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan.
Chop the romaine lettuce.
Place in a bowl and toss with the salad dressing.
Add “croutons” and sliced chicken.
Sprinkle with cheese and serve immediately.
Please note that nutritional information does not include dressing to allow you to adjust for the actual dressing and amount you use.
- Although not a traditional addition to Caesar salad, avocado, and cherry tomatoes are nice additions to this recipe.
- Another non-traditional addition is hardball eggs and grilled red onions.
- Serve with grilled steak instead of chicken.
- Use Kale instead of romaine lettuce.
Calories: 249kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 583mg | Potassium: 509mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2090IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 343mg | Iron: 1mg