This low carb Chicken Cauliflower Fried Rice is the kind of recipe you should learn to make by heart. It is a 20-minute meal that is surprisingly good. This keto recipe isn’t fussy, so feel free to improvise with what you have on hand. It is a great way to clean out your crisper drawer.
– 1 head cauliflower – 1 teaspoon sesame oil – 2 eggs – 1 tablespoon avocado oil – 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into ½-inch cubes – ¼ cup diced onion – 1 cup zucchini diced – 1 cup mushrooms sliced – ¼ cup coconut milk – 3 tablespoons coconut aminos – For Topping: Toasted Sesame Seeds Sriracha
– Cut the cauliflower in half, and remove the core. Cut into florets.
– Grate cauliflower using a box grater or pulse in the food processor until riced. If you are using a food processor, be careful not to over process, or you will have mashed cauliflower! – Heat sesame oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
– Whisk the eggs and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add to the skillet and cook until just set, (About 3 minutes.) Transfer to a plate and cut into large pieces.
– Add a tablespoon of oil to the pan and add chicken — Cook for 2 minutes.
– Stir in onion, and cook for 2 minutes more. – Add zucchini and mushrooms and cook for 2 to 4 minutes.
– Mix in cauliflower rice, eggs, coconut milk, and coconut aminos. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, for 5 to 6 minutes more.