Keto Cheese Breadsticks
By Wendy Polisi
If you've been missing bread on a low-carb diet, these Keto Cheese Breadsticks will be a game-changer! The dough is simple to make and turns out soft and fluffy; it's hard to believe these are made with low-carb ingredients. The breadsticks are wonderfully cheesy, with a subtle kick of garlic that makes them irresistible. (Seriously, look at all that melty cheese!) This is one of those recipes that your family will be asking you to make again and again.
– 1 cup finely ground blanched almond flour – ¼ cup oat fiber – 1 tablespoon gluten-free baking powder – 1 teaspoon xanthan gum – 1 tablespoon garlic powder – 1 teaspoon salt – 3 ½ cups shredded Mozzarella cheese divided (14 ounces) – 2 ounces cream cheese cut into pieces – 2 large eggs – ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese.
– Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. – Stir together the almond flour, oat fiber, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt in the bowl of a food processor or stand mixer. If you don’t have either, combine them in a large bowl.
– Place a glass or metal bowl on top of a pot of water and place the cream cheese and 2 ½ cups of the mozzarella cheese in the bowl.
– Set the heat to medium and cook until the cheese is melted, stirring often. – Beat the eggs. Add the eggs and melted cheese mixture to the almond flour mixture and process or beat to combine.
– The dough will be sticky, and if you are mixing by hand, you will need to knead quickly before the dough becomes stiff. Make sure the mixture is thoroughly combined.
– Roll the dough out between two pieces of parchment paper until it is about ½ inch thick. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 4 minutes.
– Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese and bake for another 6 to 8 minutes, until melted and bubbly.