If you've been missing bread on a low-carb diet, these Keto Cheese Breadsticks will be a game-changer! The dough is simple to make and turns out soft and fluffy; it's hard to believe these are made with low-carb ingredients. The breadsticks are wonderfully cheesy, with a subtle kick of garlic that makes them irresistible. (Seriously, look at all that melty cheese!) This is one of those recipes that your family will be asking you to make again and again.
While I enjoy following a keto diet, there are certain foods I miss eating. One of the biggest ones for me, and for many people I know, is bread.
That's why these easy Keto Cheese Breadsticks were a game changer! They are so soft, so fluffy, and perfect for satisfying my cravings. Melty cheese and a subtle kick of garlic make them crave-worthy!
And would you believe that keto fathead dough is very simple to make? When it comes to bread recipes, this has to be one of the easiest ones out there.
Simply melt the cheese, mix it with the dry ingredients and the eggs, beat to combine, then roll out and bake. After a few minutes, add more cheese on top and let it keep baking until perfectly melted and bubbly.
The result is keto breadsticks that taste too good to be true but only have 3 net carbs per serving!
Your whole family will be reaching for seconds... and then asking you to make this keto cheese bread recipe again and again.
Make sure you check out my Keto Cheese Breadsticks Web Story.
Ingredients for Keto Cheese Bread
- Almond Flour - Finely ground is the best for keto low-carb baking. Note that almond flour is not the same as almond meal.
- Oat Fiber - This ingredient absorbs liquid, adds a delicate texture, and has zero net carbs. I like it because it doesn't have a strong flavor like coconut flour.
- Mozzarella - I recommend grating your own to avoid additives that can add carbs.
- Cream Cheese - Make sure to choose full fat. Low-fat versions have added sugars to make them taste good.
- Parmesan - The final touch on our cheesy keto bread.
- Baking Powder - This will help the dough rise for soft and fluffy breadsticks.
- Xanthan Gum - While this ingredient is optional, I recommend using it for giving keto garlic breadsticks the best texture.
- Eggs - In keto recipes, eggs help bind the dough. I use large eggs.
- Garlic powder - Powdered works better than fresh for this garlic cheese bread dough.
Keto Garlic Cheese Bread Tips, Tricks, and Variations
- Add 2 teaspoons of Italian Seasoning if you want to add a little more flavor to your dough.
- A stand mixer or food processor works best for mixing the dough. Both work well, although I think the food processor is a little easier. I recommend using the dough blade for either one. You can mix this dough by hand if necessary, but it isn't easy.
- If you don't have parchment paper, two silicone mats work. Just make sure to line your baking sheet with one or the other since the dough is very sticky.
- To use this recipe as a pizza crust, bake until golden without adding the Parmesan. Then, add your favorite pizza toppings and place it back in the oven to melt the cheese.
- To make the breadsticks easy to pull apart, use a pizza cutter and cut them before adding the cheese and baking.
What Can You Serve with Low Carb Breadsticks?
- When it comes to dunking your Keto Cheesy Breadsticks, I recommend Keto Marinara Sauce, Ranch Dressing, melted butter, or garlic butter.
- Keto Meatball Casserole is pure comfort food that would go so well with fluffy breadsticks on the side. It is an easy low carb dish that the whole family LOVES!
- You can't go wrong in pairing breadsticks with this fabulous Keto Eggplant Lasagna recipe.
- This Keto Chicken Spaghetti is just begging to be served with a side of breadsticks to sop up any extra sauce! I like to make it with palmini noodles, which are both gluten-free and keto.
- This chimichurri steak recipe is always a hit at my house.
Tools Needed To Make Keto Cheesy Bread
As an Amazon Associate, I earn From Qualifying Sales
Store Keto Cheesy Bread in the fridge for four days.
You can also freeze your breadsticks for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to enjoy, let them defrost overnight in the fridge.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, I recommend refrigerating this keto cheesy bread recipe.
I don't recommend it. While it is perfectly safe to eat, I have found it near impossible to get the dough to reach the same texture as it does with fresh.
These do freeze quite well. The texture is not quite as well as it is when they are fresh, but they are still good.
How to Make Keto Cheese Breadsticks
Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or two silicone mats.
In the bowl of a food processor or stand mixer, stir together the almond flour, oat fiber, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt. Alternatively, you could combine them in a large bowl.
Place a glass or metal bowl on top of a pot of water. Add the cream cheese and 2½ cups of mozzarella cheese to the bowl.
Set the heat to medium and cook until the cheese is melted, stirring often.
Alternatively, you can microwave the cheeses in 45-second intervals, stirring between each one, until melted.
Beat the eggs, then add the eggs and melted cheese mixture to the almond flour mixture.
Process or beat to combine. If kneading by hand, keep in mind that the dough will be sticky, and you will need to knead quickly before the dough becomes hard. Make sure the mixture is thoroughly combined.
Roll the dough out between two pieces of parchment paper until it is about a ½ inch thick. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and bake for 4 minutes.
Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, then bake for another 6 to 8 minutes until melted and bubbly.
You May Also Like These Keto Comfort Food Recipes
- Whether you serve it as a side or vegetarian main dish, this creamy Keto Spinach Casserole never fails to delight!
- If you’ve been missing french fries, these Keto Jicama Fries are the perfect way to satisfy your craving.
- Keto Chicken Pot Pie Soup is so ridiculously comforting and can be ready in less than half an hour.
- You’ll be amazed how much these Keto Onion Rings taste just like ones that are loaded with carbs.
Keto Cheese Breadsticks
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir together the almond flour, oat fiber, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt in the bowl of a food processor or stand mixer. If you don’t have either, combine them in a large bowl.
- Place a glass or metal bowl on top of a pot of water and place the cream cheese and 2 ½ cups of the mozzarella cheese in the bowl.
- Set the heat to medium and cook until the cheese is melted, stirring often. Alternatively, you can microwave in 45-second intervals, stirring between intervals until the cheese is melted.
- Beat the eggs. Add the eggs and melted cheese mixture to the almond flour mixture and process or beat to combine.
- The dough will be sticky, and if you are mixing by hand, you will need to knead quickly before the dough becomes stiff. Make sure the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Roll the dough out between two pieces of parchment paper until it is about ½ inch thick. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese and bake for another 6 to 8 minutes, until melted and bubbly.