Keto Green Chili Chicken is a recipe I turn to over and over. Smoky chicken covered in a green chili cream cheese sauce and topped with cheese is simple to make and a crowd-pleasing dish that everyone loves. This is even more delicious served over Cabbage Rice or Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice.
– 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken – 1 teaspoon ground cumin – 1 teaspoon smoked paprika – 1 teaspoon sea salt – ½ teaspoon dried oregano – 1 tablespoon avocado oil – 8 ounces cream cheese softened – 1 4- ounce can of chopped green chilies – 1 cup Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese shredded – Optional Toppings: Shredded romaine sour cream, cilantro, green onions, jalapenos
– Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
– Pat the chicken dry. In a small bowl, combine the cumin, paprika, salt, and oregano. Sprinkle over both sides of the chicken.
– Heat the avocado oil in a large oven-safe skillet to medium-high heat. Cook for 3 minutes per side, until golden brown.
– In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese and chopped green chilies. Spread over the chicken and top with the cheese.
– Bake fro 20 to 25 minutes, until the center of the chicken registers 160° F.
– Allow to rest for 5 minutes prior to serving