– 2 pounds ground beef – 1 teaspoon salt – ½ teaspoon ground pepper – 2 eggs beaten – 2 teaspoons gelatin optional – ¼ cup beef broth – 1 cup finely grated parmesan – ⅓ cup almond flour – 1 tablespoon minced garlic – 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning – 1 cup ricotta cheese – 2 cups keto marinara or Rao’s marinara – 16 ounces mozzarella cheese fresh, grated, or a combination
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees. – Place the ground beef in a large bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
– Beat the eggs in another small bowl and sprinkle with the gelatin. Set aside for 5 minutes.
– Heat the beef broth until just warm but not hot, and add to the gelatin mixture. Whisk to combine.
– Add the gelatin mixture to the ground beef and stir in parmesan, almond flour, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Use a small cookie scoop to form into meatballs. – Place the meatballs in a single layer on two baking sheets. Bake for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
– Remove from the oven and drain on a rack. Alternatively, you can air fry the meatballs for 9 minutes. – Arrange the meatballs in a casserole dish.
– Dollop with ricotta cheese.
– Top with marinara and top with cheese.
– Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving.