This rich and creamy Keto Chocolate Ice Cream is the stuff dreams are made of! No one will notice that it is sugar-free and ideally suited for your low-carb diet. The key to scoopable low carb ice cream is using the right sweetener. You can substitute, but I don't recommend it.
Keto Chocolate Ice Cream is the Stuff Dreams are Made Of!
I know, I know.
I am supposed to post ice cream recipes in the summer, and by October, be focusing on all things fall.
But, guys, some things can't wait. And this Keto Chocolate Ice Cream is one of them.
If you like rich, creamy, and dreamy chocolate, you are going to LOVE this delicious recipe.
It is so rich, my husband said it reminded him of chocolate mousse, but with the texture of ice cream.
And let me mention that just like my Keto Vanilla Ice Cream, this low carb treat is completely scoopable. (Even straight from the freezer.)
You have to love that! The secret is using allulose instead of Swerve for the sweetener. I love Swerve and use it all the time, but if you use it in ice cream, you have to make sure you pull it out of the freezer and give it time to soften up before serving. And who has time for that when there is chocolate on the horizon?
How to Make Keto Chocolate Ice Cream with an Ice Cream Maker
1 First, bring heavy cream, allulose, cocoa powder, xanthan gum, and salt to a simmer over medium-high heat. Stir until the sweetener dissolves.
2 Next, remove the mixture from the heat and stir in chocolate, MCT oil, and vanilla. Transfer to a pitcher or other container and refrigerate overnight.
3 Finally, process the mixture according to your ice cream maker instructions. It will initially be like soft serve. For firmer ice cream, freeze for at least 2 hours. ENJOY!
If You Like This Recipe You May Also Like:
- I squealed with excitement the first time I tasted this Keto Vanilla Ice Cream. It is quite possibly the best vanilla ice cream I've ever had.
- For those times when you need a little bite of chocolate, these Keto Truffles are just perfect.
- You don't have to miss out on your favorite treat thanks to these Keto Peanut Butter Cups!
Tools Needed to Make This Recipe:
As an amazon associate I earn from qualified sales.
- Ice Cream Maker
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to let this keto ice cream recipe sit out before I can scoop it?
Nope! Because I’ve used allulose here, this is a perfectly scoopable ice cream straight from the freezer.
What toppings are good for keto ice cream?
- Pecans or macadamia nuts (These keto pecans are A-MAZING with ice cream.)
- Choc Zero Caramel Sauce
- Choc Zero Chocolate Sauce
- Sliced strawberries
- Whipped cream (sugar-free)
How long can this recipe be stored in the freezer?
As long as you have it in a sealed container, this ice cream will store for up to three months in the coldest part of your freezer. (Assuming you don’t have kids that stand staring into the freezer for hours as if a meal is going to appear suddenly.)
How many net carbs per serving does this recipe have?
This recipe has just two net carbs per serving!
Can I make this without an ice cream maker?
I THINK it would work, but I haven’t tried it.
Can I make this ice cream recipe dairy-free? Yes! You can use full-fat canned coconut milk here.
Keto Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
This Keto Chocolate Ice Cream reminds me of a rich chocolate mousse, but with the texture of ice cream. I am wild about it, and I think you will agree that this is dessert heaven.
Keto Chocolate Ice Cream
- Bring heavy cream, allulose, cocoa powder, xanthan gum, and sea salt to a simmer over medium-high heat. Cook, whisking constantly, until the sweetener is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate, MCT oil, and vanilla extract.
- Chill thoroughly in the refrigerator and process according to the ice cream makers manufacturers instructions.
- It will initially be like soft-serve. If you prefer it firmer, place it in a freezer-safe dish and cover. Freeze for 2 hours.
More Keto Chocolate Desserts to Try
- Don't you love it when delicious and easy collide? These No Bake Brownie Bites are so easy to make and have less than one net carb per serving. I call that winning!
- When you need chocolate stat, this Mocha Lava Mud Cake is perfection!
- Looking for a dairy-free chocolate treat that will leave your tastebuds singing? You are going to LOVE this Coconut Chocolate Fudge.