When you're craving comfort food, nothing satisfies quite like Keto Lasagna with Palmini Noodles! Layers of gooey, gooey melted cheese and a hearty meat sauce full of bold flavor are layered between low-carb noodles and topped off with fresh mozzarella baked to golden perfection. It's so satisfying; you'll forget you're even eating a low-carb dinner! (Seriously, this is one that even non-keto eaters will love).
When I'm in the mood for comfort food, that means I want something tasty that doesn't involve spending hours in the kitchen. Are you with me?
This Keto Lasagna with Palmini Noodles is one of my favorite ways to indulge my cravings while keeping things low-carb.
Best of all, it's so easy to throw together! Honestly, I think lasagna is pretty fun to assemble.
The secret is to use palmini noodles as a low-carb replacement for pasta.
The rest of the ingredients in most lasagna recipes are already keto-friendly.
Whip up an easy marinara sauce with ground beef, throw on a bunch of cheese, and let the oven turn it into rich, cheesy, melty goodness that will warm you up with every bite!
Ingredients for Making Keto Lasagna Recipe
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
- Ricotta — Use whole milk ricotta for the best texture and flavor. Part-skim ricotta will be too watery and have added sugar.
- Parmesan — Whenever possible, grate your own to avoid anti-caking agents used in pre-shredded cheese.
- Egg — This will help bind the ricotta mixture.
- Garlic — Mincing fresh cloves will add the most flavor, but you can use jarred minced garlic if necessary.
- Seasoning — Crushed red pepper flakes, sea salt, and fresh ground black pepper will bring out the flavors of this Easy Keto Lasagna. If you use purchased sauce, I recommend adding Italian seasoning or oregano, onion powder, and garlic powder to give it a little lift.
- Sauce — I recommend my Keto Meat Sauce for a bold, hearty flavor! You can also freeze any extra for future recipes. To save time, you can use low-carb marinara sauce (like Rao's) and browned ground beef or Italian sausage.
- Palmini Noodles — This low-carb pasta replacement is made from heart of palm and can be found at most grocery stores. (It is both gluten free and low carb.) They are the best keto lasagna noodles I have found.
- Mozzarella Cheese— A combination of fresh and shredded mozzarella adds just the right amount of gooey, melted cheesy goodness to your Keto Lasagna Casserole!
Tips & Tricks
- Grate your own parmesan and mozzarella for the best texture and flavor. pre-grated cheeses include anti-caking agents that add carbs and take away from the flavor of the cheese.
- For a meatless option, simply replace the Keto Meat Sauce with Keto Marinara.
- Zucchini strips can be used in place of palmini noodles to make zucchini lasagna. Slice the zucchini in thin, wide strips, then add salt and let them sit for at least 30 minutes to draw out excess moisture before assembling the lasagna.
- Always opt for full-fat ricotta. Low-fat versions made with skim milk are going to have more carbs and sugar as well as a more watery texture that could make the Palmini Lasagna filling runny.
- Sop up any extra sauce with these light, fluffy, and wickedly-good Keto Garlic Knots!
- Crispy Keto Brussels Sprouts can be made in the oven or the air fryer and are a great way to add a little green to your plate.
- If you can never have enough cheese, these Keto Cheese Breadsticks are a perfect side and will pair beautifully with the Keto Meat Sauce!
Frequently Asked Questions
Traditional lasagna made with sheets of pasta is not considered a keto-friendly dish. The pasta is going to add too many carbs.
This Low Carb Lasagna, on the other hand, replaces the pasta with palmini noodles for a totally keto-friendly dish!
The nutrition in any lasagna recipe is going to vary based on the ingredients used and the serving size. For reference, Stouffer's lasagna with meat sauce is going to have about 34 grams of carbohydrates per serving with just 3 grams of fiber.
This Keto Lasagna Bake, on the other hand, only has X grams of carbs with X grams of fiber per serving. That's only X net carbs!
Replacing the pasta with palmini and using keto-friendly fillings makes a big difference.
Absolutely! Feel free to swap out the ground beef for ground pork, Italian sausage, ground turkey, or any other ground meat you like.
Full-fat ricotta can be enjoyed in moderation on keto. Just make sure to watch your portions. You should avoid low-fat ricotta made with skim milk because it will have added sugar, plus the texture is more watery.
Palmini pasta is a low-carb pasta alternative made from heart of palm, which is trimmed from the core of certain palm trees.
It can be cut and cooked in the same manner as lasagna or linguine, making it a very versatile ingredient on a keto diet. It only has 3-4 grams of carbohydrates per serving, compared to 42 grams in a traditional serving of pasta.
You should be able to find palmini noodles in most grocery stores. Otherwise, they're easy to order online.
Tools Needed to Make Keto Lasagna Bake
- Medium bowl
- 13 x 9 baking dish
Leftover Keto Palmini Lasagna can be stored covered in the refrigerator for up to four days.
When you're ready to enjoy, let the lasagna come up to room temperature for 30 minutes, then bake at 350° F until warmed through. I would not recommend reheating in the microwave.
How to Make Keto Lasagna
Preheat the oven to 350° F.
In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, parmesan, egg, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
Rinse and drain the palmini noodles.
Coat a 13 x 9 casserole dish with cooking spray. Spread a ½ cup of the meat sauce on the bottom of the pan.
Add a layer of palmini noodles, half of the ricotta mixture, and ⅓ of the shredded mozzarella cheese.
Next, spread ½ of the remaining meat sauce, another layer of palmini noodles, the rest of ricotta, ⅓ of the shredded mozzarella, and the rest of the meat sauce.
Finish with the remaining shredded mozzarella and the fresh mozzarella.
Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Top with fresh basil or parsley if desired.
You May Also Like These Comfort Food Recipes
- Crushed tomatoes and ground beef sauce make this Easy Low Carb Keto Spaghetti so bold and flavorful!
- For low-carb cheesy comfort food at its finest, Keto Cauliflower Mac and Cheese is sure to delight.
- When you need an easy casserole that both kids and adults will devour, you can't go wrong with this Keto Alfredo Chicken Bake.
- Keto Chicken Parmesan Recipe packs in all the flavor of the traditional dish minus those pesky carbs.
- 32 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 recipe Keto Meat Sauce
- 2 cans Palmini Noodles
- 16 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, parmesan, egg, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Rinse and drain the palming noodles.
- Coat a 13 x 9 casserole dish with cooking spray and spread ½ cup of the meat sauce on the bottom.
- Top with a layer of palmini noodles and half of the ricotta mixture and ⅓ of the shredded mozzarella.
- Spread ½ of the remaining meat sauce, another layer of palmini noodles, the remaining ricotta, and ⅓ of the shredded mozzarella.
- Top with the remaining meat sauce and finish with the remaining shredded mozzarella and the fresh mozzarella.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving.