This Keto Chicken Broccoli Casserole is the kind of comfort food I never get tired of. Tender broccoli and juicy chicken are topped off a creamy sauce and cheese to create a dish both children and adults are crazy about. This recipe isn’t particularly fussy, so feel free to play with it a bit. Cauliflower would work in place of broccoli, and most any cheese will do. You can steam the broccoli instead of blanching it, just make sure you don’t over do it to the point that the broccoli gets mushy when baked.
Keto Chicken Broccoli Casserole – Easy Comfort Food
I don’t know about you, but I need more recipes like this Low Carb Chicken Broccoli Casserole in my life.
It takes less than 15 minutes of hands-on prep time and needs only 20 minutes in the oven. This is the dish I make when I’ve got no juice left at the end of the day.
(Like when Skye has been whining since 7 am, the boys are fussing about helping out around the house, and I just found out that I’ve got to spend the next three days un-doing something that I was told I needed to do.)
I know you moms can relate.
As easy as this recipe is to make, it is also crazy-delicious. You are going to want to put this simple comfort food casserole into your regular rotation.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes. You can prep this recipe up to a day ahead of time and bake it when you are ready to serve. Alternatively, you can cook it ahead of time and reheat when serving. I recommend the first option if possible, but leftovers are good for a couple of days for lunches.
Broccoli should be stored loosely wrapped in either a vegetable bag or plastic, and kept in the crisper drawer. Once you cut it into florets, it will begin to lose moisture, so do that at the last minute for the best results. If you meal prep and would like to cut it ahead of time – as I often do – store the florets in an airtight container with a damp paper towel. They should keep for about five days.
Tips for Making This Recipe:
- To minimize waste, don’t discard the broccoli stems. Use a vegetable peeler to remove the tough skins and then slice them. Blanch or steam them along with the rest of the florets.
- For the chicken, you can save time by picking up a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store. Other great options include making Instant Pot Shredded Chicken or Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken.
Variations for this Recipe:
- To add an extra punch, saute’ 1/2 cup diced onion and 2 cloves of minced garlic in the butter before adding the liquids.
- Substitute cooked and crumbled Italian sausage for the chicken.
- Substitute cauliflower for the broccoli.
How to Make Low Carb Chicken Broccoli Casserole:
If You Like Keto Chicken and Broccoli Casserole You May Also Like:
- Keto Chicken Pot Pie
- Low Carb Broccoli Salad
- Keto Pesto Chicken
- Low Carb Grilled Chicken
- Keto Lemon Chicken
Keto Chicken Broccoli Casserole
Keto Chicken Broccoli Casserole
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 12 ounces broccoli florets blanched
- 1 pound chicken cooked and shredded
- 6 ounces gruyere cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pan. Add almond flour and cook for 1 minute, whisking constantly.
- Stir in cream and broth, and bring to a simmer. Add cream cheese and cook until melted.
- Remove from heat, and stir in sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place broccoli and chicken in a large baking pan and pour the sauce over.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until bubbly and cooked through.