I have a soft spot for foods that take me back to childhood, and this Keto Cookie Dough does just that! They have all the flavor of traditional chocolate chip cookie dough, without the sugar, eggs, or carbs. I keep these in the fridge or freezer for those times when I need a low-carb treat.
Homemade Keto Cookie Dough You Can Eat with a Spoon
Raise your hand if you loved eating cookie dough as a kid?
I loved it as a kid, and that love has never faded.
Of course, there is the whole eating raw eggs thing and the potential of illness.
These days when I want a delicious treat, I reach for this keto cookie dough.
These edible cookie dough fat bombs are super simple to make and perfect for meal prep.
They are gluten-free, and even the kids beg for them for dessert.
Best of all, they taste even better than the original. This is one of my favorite ways to stay on track with the keto diet.
Ingredients for Making Keto Edible Cookie Dough
- Butter: I recommend using unsalted butter because this lets you control the level of salt. I would suggest omitting the salt and tasting first if you decide to make these keto chocolate chip cookie dough fat bombs with salted butter.
- Brown Sugar Substitute: I love Besti Monkfruit Allulose Blend, but Swerve works too.
- Powdered Sugar Substitute: I used Swerve Confectioners but you can use your favorite powdered sweetener. (Besti makes a great one, but I can get Swerve locally.)
- Salt: Adjust the amount of salt to your liking.
- Cream: Use heavy whipping cream. If you would like to avoid the dairy, canned coconut milk would work as well.
- Vanilla: A good quality vanilla extract adds a punch of flavor.
- Almond Flour: If you have coarse almond flour or almond meal, I recommend putting it in a food processor before using.
- Chocolate Chips: Lily’s is my go-to brand. They make both milk and dark chocolate chips.
Frequently Asked Questions
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
You could try baking this, but if you are looking for a baked cookie, I would recommend making these Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies.
No! These are soft and moist and not at all crumbly.
Where Can I Purchase Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips?
These days, most grocery stores will carry them. Lily’s is my go-to brand.
If you can’t find them locally, you can also order them from Amazon.
It is perfectly fine to eat the cookie dough right away. Chilling it simply makes it easier to scoop.
This recipe is a treat and should be eaten in moderation. I would recommend sticking to one to two a day.
Tools Needed to Make Keto Cookie Dough Bites
- Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer
- Cookie Dough Scoop
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Brown Sugar Substitute
- Powdered Sugar Substitute
- Vanilla Extract
- Almond Flour
- Keto Friendly Chocolate Chips
How do you store fat bombs? Do you refrigerate fat bombs?
Because they have butter, these fat bombs are best stored in the refrigerator or freezer.
Storing them in the refrigerator will yield a softer texture that you may want to eat with a spoon.
Stored in the freezer, they will be soft enough to chew easily but firm enough to pick up.
The freezer is my favorite way to store these keto cookie dough fat bombs.
How long do fat bombs last in the freezer?
Kept in a sealed container, you can expect fat bombs to last for at least three months in the freezer.
How to Make Keto Cookie Dough
See the Keto Cookie Dough Web Story
This keto cookie dough recipe is super simple to make!
First start by beating the butter for 1 minute.
Add the brown sugar substitute, Swerve, and salt.
Beat for 2 minutes, stopping every 30 seconds or so to scrape the sides.
Add in the heavy cream and vanilla and beat until combined.
Beat in the almond flour and then fold in the chocolate chips.
Refrigerate until the mixture starts to get firmer, about 20 to 30 minutes.
Line a baking sheet with parchment and drop the cookie dough balls onto it using a cookie scoop.
Chill for at least one hour before serving.
More Sweet Treats and Keto Fat Bomb Recipes
- Satisfy your peanut butter cravings and fuel your day with these Peanut Butter Energy Balls.
- Chocolate Cheesecake Fat Bombs are delicious little treats that never get old. This is one the whole family will love.
- Keto Peanut Butter Cups will remind you of your favorite candy without the sugar crash.
- Although Keto Truffles look and taste a touch fancy, they are actually easy to prepare.
- Keto Chocolate Fat Bombs never fail to satisfy!
Keto Cookie Dough - Edible Cookie Dough Fat Bombs
- Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer
- Cookie Dough Scoop
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup brown sugar substitute
- ½ cup Swerve confectioners
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups finely ground almond flour
- 1 package Lily’s chocolate chips
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter on medium for 1 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar substitute, Swerve, and salt.
- Beat for 2 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the heavy cream and vanilla, and beat until combined.
- Beat in the almond flour. Stir in the chocolate chops. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and drop the dough onto the prepared tray.
- Chill for 1 hour, until firm.
- Transfer to an airtight storage container and store in the refrigerator or freezer.
Leave a Reply