If you like treats where the payoff in flavor is disproportionate to the amount of work involved, you will love these Chocolate Cheesecake Fat Bombs. With just seven simple ingredients and about 10 minutes of hands-on time, you have got a rich and satisfying treat that will satisfy any chocolate craving.
I don’t have a huge sweet tooth, but when chocolate cravings hit me, they will not be denied!
For this reason, I try not to keep anything that isn’t low carb that might tempt me around the house.
What I do keep on hand is little nibbles like these Chocolate Cheesecake Fat Bombs. They are simple to make and so good even my picky kids like them.
What is a fat bomb?
A fat bomb is a small bite that is high in fat and low in protein and carbohydrates.
Why do you need fat bombs on keto?
Strictly speaking, you do not need fat bombs on keto. Many people do just fine without them! They are handy to have, however, because they are the ideal snack for when you need one. If you get hungry between meals or get caught without something prepared, fat bombs can help you keep your macros on track.
How many fat bombs can you have on keto?
Fat bombs are treats, not meal replacements. I recommend having no more than one or two a day. (Depending on the size.)
Tips and Tricks
- A cookie scoop makes transferring these to your molds very easy.
- You can use most any kind of mold in almost any size here. I used a mini muffin tin when I photographed these, but have since started using silicone molds because they are much easier to get the cheesecake bites out of.
Store these fat bombs in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Alternatively, you can freeze them for up to 3 months. If you are eating them from frozen, let them sit out for about 10 minutes before serving.
How to Make Chocolate Cheesecake Fat Bombs
First, start by combining the cream cheese coconut oil, butter, sweetener, cocoa powder, and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer.
(If you don’t have a stand mixer, you can also use a hand mixer or a food processor.)
Beat until the mixture is very smooth.
Transfer to molds and freeze.
Once the bottom part is frozen, melt Lily’s chocolate and pour over the cheesecake.
Freeze for about 2 hours, until solid. If you like, you can drizzle with a little keto-friendly chocolate syrup, like Choc-Zero.
If You Like This Recipe You May Also Like:
- Don’t let the idea of making truffles intimidate you. These Keto Truffles are SO easy to make and never fail to delight.
- Chocolate Keto Fat Bombs are perfect to keep on hand to satisfy your chocolate cravings.
- Keto Peanut Butter Cookies have just seven ingredients and taste so much like the real thing.
Chocolate Cheesecake Fat Bombs
- Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer
- 8 ounce cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil softened
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 3 tablespoons powdered Swerve
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces Lily’s chocolate
- In the bowl of a stand mixer combine the cream cheese, coconut oil, butter, powdered Swerve, cocoa powder, and vanilla until smooth.
- Transfer to molds and freeze. Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler. (You can also use the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between.) Top the cheesecake mixture with the chocolate and return to the freezer. Allow to freeze until solid, about 2 hours.