I am wild about these Keto Zucchini Chips, and I think you will be too! Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, these delicious nibbles are loved by all. (Even those not on a low carb diet.) They are perfect for game day, or any time you need something to serve as a vessel for a dip. (Because that is most definitely a real NEED at times. AmIRight?)
To make this recipe you will need: zucchini, eggs, almond flour, Parmesan cheese, sea salt, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and fresh ground pepper.
Game Day or Just Wednesday Night, You Will Love These Keto Zucchini Chips!
I have often joked that I am all about dips and sauces, and one of the challenges of a low carb diet is that your options for dippers are limited.
If you love sauces as much as I do, I’d like to introduce you to your newest BFF.
Do you know what else is exciting about this recipe? It is an easy way to get your kids eating vegetables. (Something that all three of my kids resist.)
They are surprisingly easy to make! I like to use a mandoline – it makes slicing them perfectly even a BREEZE. They aren’t expensive and well worth the investment. (I’ve linked to mine under tools.)
Thinner slices will create a crunchier chip, but of course, involve a bit more breading.
How to Make “Breaded” Keto Zucchini Chips
1 First, cut your zucchini thin. I like to use a mandoline slicer for this, but a knife works too.
2 Next, whisk together your eggs in a shallow bowl.
3 In another bowl stir together almond flour, Parmesan cheese, sea salt, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and fresh ground pepper.
4 Dip the zucchini in the egg wash.
5 Next, coat with the almond flour mixture, using your hands to gently press the coating to the zucchini.
6 Continue coating, placing the already coated zucchini chips on a parchment lined plate or baking sheet.
7 Cook for about 8 minutes in the air fryer or 12 minutes in the oven, until golden brown.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How Do I Make Zucchini Chips without Breading?
If breading isn’t your thing, you can slice the zucchini to 1/8 inch thick, and sprinkle with sea salt, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and fresh ground pepper. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in a 250-degree oven for 1 hour. Flip and bake another 30 minutes.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead of Time?
Because of the crispy factor, it is best to make this recipe just before serving. However, if you would like to prep ahead you can bread the zucchini up to four hours before cooking. Leftovers are good for about 2 days kept covered in the refrigerator.
Tools to Make This Recipe
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualified sales.
- Mandoline Slicer (optional)
- Air Fryer or Baking Sheet (I am linking to the air fryer I have. Amazon has many less expensive models which also work well.)
- Shallow Bowls
Other Must Try Keto Appetizers & Sides:
- Sometimes simple is best, and this Marinated Cheese proves it! This is quick to make and even quicker to disappear.
- I kid you not – these Keto Jalapeno Poppers are the best poppers I’ve ever had! I never get tired of these.
- Keto Chicken Wings are a universally loved appetizer!
- I love these Keto Cauliflower Wings so much that I’ve been known to make them up to three times in a week. They are seriously that good.
Looking for more Zucchini inspiration? You will find it with these 37 Keto Zucchini Recipes!
Keto Zucchini Chip Recipe
I am all about dips and these Keto Zucchini Chips scratch the itch for those times when I am craving something crispy. Although the idea of breading zucchini can feel daunting, the process goes quickly. I promise it isn’t as labor-intensive as it sounds!
Keto Zucchini Chips
- 2 zucchini sliced thin with a sharp knife or mandoline (about 1/4 inch thick)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees or the oven to 425.
- Whisk together eggs in a shallow bowl.
- In another bowl, stir together almond flour, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and black pepper.
- Dip the zucchini slices in the egg mixture, and then coat with the almond flour mixture.
- Place the zucchini chips in a single layer in the air fryer on on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Cook for 8 minutes in the air fryer or 12 minutes in the oven flipping half way through, until golden brown.