Looking for a fast and easy treat that will fuel your day without weighing you down? You are going to LOVE these Chocolate Keto Fat Bombs! They are rich enough to cure any chocolate craving and have everything you need to stay on track with your keto diet.
Stay On Track With These Chocolate Keto Fat Bombs!
Changing the way you eat is HARD.
As a reformed carb-lover who is still a work in progress, no one understands this more than I do.
While eventually most of us get to a place where the lack of constant hunger is one of the many benefits we are experiencing from keto, getting there takes time.
And even once you are there, most of us are caught unprepared from time to time.
That is where fat bombs come in and save the day.
The first time you heard the term fat bomb, your mind may have instantly gone to a greasy burger and fries. But in the context of a low carb and keto diet, fat bombs are actually a good thing.
Not only are these Chocolate Keto Fat Bombs absolutely delicious, but they have everything you need to stay on track with your keto diet! I think you will agree - this delicious snack deserves to be on hand at all times.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are fat bombs?
Fat bombs are small snacks that are very high in fat, low in carbohydrates, and typically low in protein.
Do you need fat bombs on keto?
You don’t NEED fat bombs on keto, but they are helpful, especially in the early phases. Getting enough healthy fat in your diet can be a challenge, and fat bombs can go a long way to help to keep hunger at bay.
What is the purpose of keto fat bombs?
Fat bombs can be used to increase your fat intake and help you reach your maro targets. They are most often used when you have already consumed all of the protein you need for a day, and you are still hungry.
How many fat bombs can I eat on keto?
View fat bombs as a snack - NOT a meal replacement. For this reason, it is a good idea to stick to 1 serving. The exception to this is when you find yourself in a bind and haven’t had time to prep food. Overdoing it on fat bombs is going to be a lot better for you than reaching for your kids carb-heavy snacks.
How do you store these Chocolate Keto Fat Bombs?
Store these fat bombs in the freezer in a sealed container. They will keep for up to three months.
Variations for this Recipe
- You can use MCT oil in place of the coconut oil; however, your fat bombs will not be as solid. I recommend substituting no more than half.
- Any nut butter can be used in place of the peanut butter.
- You may use 3 tablespoons of powdered peanut butter in place of the peanut butter.
How to Make Chocolate Keto Fat Bombs
1 First, melt the coconut oil and peanut butter in a medium saucepan.
2 Next, whisk in the cocoa powder and Swerve. Whisk until well combined.
3 After that, stir in the vanilla extract.
4 Transfer the mixture to a measuring cup with a spout.
5 Stir again, and carefully pour the mixture into a lined mini-muffin pan. Freeze until solid.
Fat Bomb Tips & Tricks
- If you are using something other than Swerve confectioners (or other confectioners-style sweetener, I recommend processing it in a food processor or high-speed blender until fine).
- Make sure you read the label on your cocoa powder. I have found that the number of carbs can vary from brand to brand.
- You can use a regular measuring cup to pour the chocolate into the muffin pan, but I have found that this makes a big mess! For this reason, I strongly prefer using a spouted measuring cup.
Tools Needed to Make This Recipe
As an Amazon Associate, I earn From Qualifying Sales
If You Like this Post You May Also Like:
- For a simple no-bake chocolate snack that you will crave again and again, it doesn't get much better than these Coconut Haystacks.
- Keto Peanut Butter Cups are quick to make and even quicker to disappear. This is one that the whole family will love.
- I often find myself dreaming of the creaminess and swoony sweetness of this Keto Chocolate Pudding.
Chocolate Keto Fat Bomb Recipe
Sometimes you just need chocolate. Life is all about balance, right? If there ever was a treat you could feel good about, these Chocolate Keto Fat Bombs are it. Decadent and rich, this is a fat bomb recipe you will turn to again and again. While certainly optional, I like these sprinkled with nuts and Maldon sea salt.
Chocolate Keto Fat Bombs
- medium saucepan
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup natural unsweetened peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Swerve confectioners or other sugar alternative
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: Chopped pecans macadamia nuts, or flaky salt, for topping
- Melt the coconut oil and peanut butter in a medium saucepan.
- Whisk in cocoa powder and sweetener and stir until well combined.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Transfer the mixture to a measuring cup with a spout, and carefully pour the mixture into a lined mini-muffin pan.
- Freeze until solid, about 1 hour.
Other Fat Bomb Recipes to Try:
- Make these Cheesy Jalapeno Fat Bombs on the weekend, and you will have a delicious bite to grab all week long.
- These no-bake Strawberry Cheesecake Fat Bombs have just five ingredients and are so good!
- For a quick savory bite, you are going to love these Cheddar Ranch Fat Bombs.
Wendy, I have been Low Carb for 10 years and so far all the great lady's that post their recipes don't come close to YOURS
I love it that yours are... down to earth.. and easy to make..
Keep up the great work this ole Granny in GA loves your work..
You just made my morning Sheila! I love what I do and feel so lucky to be able to share.
I am a Georgia girl too! I live in Florida now, but was born in Macon and lived much of my adult life outside Atlanta.