When you are looking to take flavors to the next level, this Keto Chimichurri Sauce is just what you are looking for! It is perfect over steak or any meat and also fabulous drizzled over vegetables.
I have always loved sauces, so it is no surprise that chimichurri has made an appearance on my dinner table for years.
I've made so many different versions of this South American sauce through the years.
This version is inspired by one that we have enjoyed through the years at our favorite Brazilian Steakhouse.
I like the addition of cilantro, but I realize that not everyone enjoys the flavor. If you are in the hating cilantro camp, simply use additional parsley in its place.
What is Chimichurri?
Chimichurris is a South American herb sauce. It is typically served over meat - most often steak.
How to Use Chimichurri
Chimmichurri is perfect paired with steak - I particularly like it with flank steak. It is also fabulous on fajitas, in steak bowls with cauliflower rice, on grilled chicken, and even over fish.
Vegetables also benefit from a drizzle of chimichurri sauce - try it over mushrooms, zucchini noodles, or cauliflower steaks.
Is Chimichurri Sauce Keto?
Yes. Most all chimichurri sauces are keto unless they have added sugar to them. (Most do not.)
Can This Sauce Be Made Ahead of Time?
Absolutely! I think the flavors are even better after they have had some time to meld in the refrigerator. Keep this Keto Chimichurri Sauce in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Can You Freeze Chimichurri?
You sure can, and it is an excellent strategy if you find yourself with an over-abundance of fresh herbs in the garden or have herbs that are going to go bad before you get a chance to use them.
You can freeze it and any safe freezer container. I like to freeze chimichurri in a large ice cube tray and then transfer to a zip-top freezer bag once it is solid. That way I can pull out just what I need.
You May Also Like
- With just a handful of ingredients, this Tex Mex Dressing is quick to make and a fabulous way to mix up your salad game.
- Planning on steak night? If you are cooking a cut that benefits from a little extra tenderizing, don't miss this Keto Steak Marinade.
- Keto Flank Steak and Chimichurri are a match made in heaven! This is one that never gets old.
- High Speed Blender
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place the parsley, cilantro, oregano, white wine vinegar, garlic, salt, cumin, and red pepper in a high-speed blender or food processor. With the motor running, slowly add the oil. Process until smooth.