This Keto Steak Marinade is quick to make and will make your steaks even quicker to disappear. This is a win in the weekend dinner for everyone category – it deserves to be a rest-of-summer habit!
You Need This Keto Steak Marinade in Your Life!
There is something about spring and summer weekends, that always puts me in the mood for a steak.
Maybe it is because since we can grill out, hubby takes over the cooking.
Or maybe it is because there is so much less clean-up when the cooking is done outdoors. Just fun casual family time with minimal mess.
Whatever it is, at this time of year beef makes a regular appearing on our weekend table.
Sometimes I keep things super-simple and just season everything while I am letting the meat temper. But sometimes I like to get all fancy and make this Keto Steak Marinade.
Of course, it isn’t really fancy. In fact, it takes all of five minutes to throw together. But the family doesn’t know that, and they are always so appreciative of the little extra effort that I’ve put in.
The only real challenge I have with this is that when you make a favorite food taste even better and you have two teenage boys, it tends to disappear a little too quickly!
Give this recipe a try and I know you’ll be reaching for it throughout the spring and summer. Happy grilling!
Tools Needed to Make This Keto Marinade for Steak:
The following are affiliate links. We are a participants in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only link to things I use and love.
- Bowl or Jar
- Shallow Dish or Plastic Zip Top Bag
Frequently Asked Questions:
Steak should be marinaded for at least two hours and up to 24 hours for optimal taste. According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service, you can safely marinate steak for up to 5 days.
If you have too much acidity in the marinade, it can make the meat mealy and being to “cook” it. Beyond 5 days and it should not be consumed.
No, any marinade that has been used one raw meat contains bacteria and should be discarded after use.
Variations for This Recipe:
- Instead of the rosemary and oregano, use 2 teaspoons dried basil.
- Omit rosemary and basil and in place use coriander and smoked paprika. Substitute lime just for the lemon juice.
If You Like This Keto Marinade for Steak You May Also Like:
Keto Steak Marinade
Keto Steak Marinade
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a medium bowl or jar, combine avocado oil, coconut aminos, lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, oregano, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- If using a bowl, whisk to combine. If using a jar, tightly seal the jar and shake well.
- Pour over steak.
- Marinade for 2 to 4 hours.