I think you are really going to like this Keto Chocolate Pudding! It is rich, creamy, and just perfect for when you need a low carb chocolate fix. Prep is a cinch so it doesn't require a special occasion to make.
Keto Chocolate Pudding Backstory
I will be the first to admit that I don't have much of a sweet tooth.
Go team salty all the way!
You won't find chips or crackers in the house because when it comes to all things salty and crunchy, I have no control.
All of this goes out the window once a month - around THAT time - whenI get a strong craving for some yummy chocolate goodness.
In the past, I would keep my favorite brand of chocolate bar in the freezer.
It didn't tempt me most of the time, but then I'd savor that bar over the course of a week. In a bad month I MIGHT have two bars.
(Because every now in then I feel the need to get a little wild.)
Of course, it was loaded with sugar and it had no place in my low-carb diet.
Good thing there are recipes like this Keto Chocolate Pudding to fill the gap.
This recipe is full of creamy, chocolate goodness, and still manages to fit perfectly into a low carb lifestyle.
You can make it as thick - or as creamy - as you like by adjusting the amount of gelatin you use.
And bonus points - gelatin is fabulous for your skin, so you can actually feel good about enjoying this recipe. (Although in full disclosure, you really need a touch more gelatin than is in a serving of this recipe and you need to be taking it every day to see a difference.)
How to Make Keto Chocolate Pudding
This dessert is so easy to make and a fun one to get the kids involved in!
#1 Whisk Coconut Milk: Pour coconut milk into a large bowl and whisk until smooth.
#2 Combine Gelatin and Coconut Milk: In a medium bowl, whisk together ½ cup of the coconut milk with the gelatin.
#3 Simmer Remaining Coconut Milk: Bring the remaining coconut milk to a simmer.
#4 Whisk: Whisk in cocoa powder and Swerve. Stir until smooth.
#5 Remove from Heat: Pour the hot mixture into the mixture with the gelatin. Add vanilla and sea salt and whisk until smooth.
#6 Transfer and Refrigerate: Transfer the pudding to serving dishes. Refrigerate until set.
#7 Garnish: When ready to serve, garnish with whipped cream and pecans if desired.
Frequently Asked Questions
To Make this Recipe You Will Need: canned coconut milk, gelatin, unsweetened cocoa powder, Swerve Confectioners Sweetener, vanilla extract, and sea salt. If desired, you can garnish with whipped cream and pecans.
Grass-fed gelatin supports joint recovery and pain management. It is a form of collagen, a protein that helps to ease inflammation. It is also great for skin, nails, and hair. Studies show that it may speed recovery from cold and flu and that it is also beneficial for digestive health. Gelatin is full of glycine, a compound that may help improve the quality of your sleep by calming the nervous system.
- You can adjust the texture of this recipe by adjusting the amount of gelatin you use. For a thicker pudding, add up to 1 tablespoon of gelatin. Reduce for a creamier dish.
- Add in ¼ to ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper for an unexpected twist.
- For a richer dish, substitute 1 cup heavy cream for the coconut milk.
- Add one pinch of cinnamon and one pinch of salt.
Tools Needed to Make This Recipe
The following are affiliate links. We are a participants in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Mixing Bowls
- Small Saucepan
- Serving Dishes
If You Like This Recipe You May Also Like:
Low Carb Chocolate Pudding
Keto Chocolate Pudding
- 2 cups canned coconut milk divided
- 1.5 teaspoons gelatin grass-fed
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder more or less to taste
- ¼ cup Swerve Confectioners Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Whipped Cream and pecans for serving (optional - make sure you use coconut whipped cream for dairy free)
- Pour coconut milk into a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the gelatin and ½ cup of the coconut milk.
- In a small saucepan, heat the remaining coconut milk to a simmer. Do not boil.
- Whisk in cocoa powder and Swerve and stir until smooth.
- Pour the hot mixture into the mixture with the gelatin. Add the vanilla and sea salt and whisk until smooth.
- Transfer to serving dish, and refrigerate until set.
- Serve with whipped cream and pecans if desired.