If you love chicken wings, you are going to go wild for these Keto Buffalo Wings. They are crispy wing perfection, coated in a garlicky sauce with just the right amount of heat. This recipe is SO EASY to make and works just as well for a game day appetizer as it does for a weeknight meal.
Game Day Just Got Tastier Thanks to These Keto Buffalo Wings!
As a general rule, I don’t like to get messy, but I make an exception when it comes to these Keto Buffalo Wings. You won’t believe how deliciously crispy they are, OR how perfectly they fit into your low carb or keto diet.
I can’t get enough of these babies – in fact, I may or may not have made them three times this week.
They are a great appetizer for serving during your game day party and are also fabulous for an easy lunch or dinner.
I’ve tossed them in a traditional buffalo sauce, but feel free to get creative if you want something different.
They would also be fabulous tossed in my Keto BBQ Sauce and my six-year-old loves them plain.
I love meals like this that the whole family – low carb or not – can agree on.
How to Make Keto Buffalo Wings
1 First, stir together baking powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
2 Stir together with wings.
3 For Air Fryer Keto Buffalo Wings preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees. Spray the fryer and wing with oil, and cook for 20 minutes, or until the wings reach 155 degrees. Alternatively, you can bake in a 425 degree oven for 45 minutes, or fry for about 15 minutes. (See recipe for alternative method instructions.)
4 Meanwhile, make the sauce by combining avocado oil, buffalo hot sauce, butter, apple cider vinegar and minced garlic in a saucepan.
5 Cook until the butter is melted and everything is warmed through.
6 Use an instant-read thermometer to determine when the wings are done. Remove the wings when they reach about 155 degrees.
7 Let the wings rest for 5 minutes.
8 Toss with buffalo sauce. Wings should reach 165 degrees internally before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Have Buffalo Wings On Keto?
You can definitely have THESE wings when you are on a low carb or keto diet, but that isn’t true of all wings. When eating out, it is best to ask a LOT of questions. Restaurants very often have sauces that contain sugar, and many also use flour and cornstarch. Additionally, many use GMO soy or corn oil to fry in, which can lead to inflammation that can hinder weight loss.
How Many Carbs are in Chicken Wings?
The number of carbs in chicken wings can vary widely, depending on what they are coated in. These Keto Buffalo Wings have one net carb per serving.
How Do You Make Buffalo Wings That Aren’t Soggy?
The key to cripsy chicken is to coat it in baking powder before cooking.
This is because baking powder raises the pH level of the chicken. This allows the protein to break down more efficiently and yields a crunchier texture.
Additionally, it is always best to eat the chicken right away, especially after coating in the buffalo sauce.
Variations for This Recipe
- Change up the sauce a bit by adding 3 tablespoons of Keto Ketchup.
- Add an extra kick of heat by adding 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper to the dry ingredients.
- Add 2 teaspoons garlic powder and 1 teaspoon dried oregano to the dry mix.
Tools Needed to Make This Recipe
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualified sales.
- Air Fryer (I’ve had three and this is my favorite!) OR
- Deep Fryer, Deep Pot for Frying, or Baking Sheet
- Instant Read Thermometer
If You Like This Recipe You May Also Like:
- Looking for more inspiration? Don’t miss these Keto Chicken Wings. They are amazing paired with this Spicy Peanut Sauce.
- Game day wouldn’t be complete without dip and it doesn’t get much better than this Keto Queso. Cheesy real food goodness that even those who aren’t low-carb will love.
- Just say no to boring chicken dinners! This Keto Stuffed Chicken is surprisingly easy and delicious!
Keto Buffalo Wings Recipe
Crispy wings in a deliciously tangy sauce at home may seem like a tall order, but these Keto Buffalo Wings prove how easy it is. I like to serve this with Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing, but it is also delicious on its own. Whatever you do, don’t forget the napkins!
Keto Buffalo Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings or chicken drumettes
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- For serving: Keto Blue Cheese Dressing or Ranch Dressing
- In a bowl stir together baking powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Toss with wings.
To Deep Fry
- Heat about 3 inches of avocado oil in a Dutch oven.
- Toss the wings with the baking powder, and fry in batches until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and brush with avocado oil.
- Roast for about 45 minutes, until crisp.
To Air Fry
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Brush or spray the wings with oil, and spray the bottom of the air fryer.
- Add the wings in a single layer and cook for 20 to 25 minutes. (Depending on the brand of air fryer you may have to cook in batches. I can fit them all into my air fryer.)
For All Cooking Methods
- Use an Instant-read thermometer to determine when the wings are done. I recommend removing them when they reach 155 degrees and letting them rest for 5 to 10 minutes, until they reach 165 degrees.
Make the Sauce
- While the wings are cooking, whisk together avocado oil, Frank’s Red hot, butter, apple cider vinegar and minced garlic in a saucepan. Heat until the butter is melted and the sauce is warm.
- When the wings are done cooking, toss with the buffalo sauce and serve warm with Keto Blue Cheese Dressing or Ranch Dressing.