When you are in the mood to mix things up, it doesn't get any better than this Dill Pickle Dip! It is super-easy to make and a delicious alternative for those times when you are craving something different. Serve it with keto crackers or tortilla chips. It is also fabulous on a burger!
I have always been a huge fan of dips, and this Dill Pickle Dip recipe is no exception.
I eat a lot of dill pickles on keto, but until someone asked me if I had a recipe for it, I never considered using it in a dip. At first, I thought it sounded strange.
The more I thought about it, I became intrigued and decided to give it a go one day when I unknowingly put a second jar of pickles into my online shopping cart.
I am happy to report that that accidental purchase resulted in a delicious appetizer that I think you are going to love.
How to Make Dill Pickle Dip
To make this recipe, you are going to need a stand mixer or a hand mixer. Technically you can make it without either, but since you want the cream cheese nice and fluffy plan to get an arm work-out if you are going this route.
Start by beating together the cream cheese and mayonnaise for a few minutes.
Next, you will stir in the pickles, pickle juice, fresh dill, and cajun seasoning. Dried dill will work in a pinch, but I highly recommend fresh here. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Refrigerate at least two hours prior to serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
This easy and keto-friendly dip is my favorite way to use leftover pickles!
This recipe will last for about four days. Keep it in a sealed container in the coldest part of your refrigerator.
Yes, you can! Place it in a sealed freezer-safe container and freeze for up to two months. Because of the dairy, you need to put in in the refrigerator overnight to thaw prior to serving.
I don't recommend trying to thaw it at room temperature due to the risk of spoilage.
My go-to brand is Bubbies, which you can find in the refrigerator section of your grocery store. While pickles are generally keto-friendly, you do need to read the label because some have sugar and are loaded with carbs.
I love Bubbies because they taste amazing and have zero carbs. They are fermented and excellent for gut health.
Scaling The Recipe
Serving a crowd? This recipe can easily be doubled. You can also make a smaller portion if it is just you. Just click on the number of servings in the recipe card to make the adjustments to the recipe.
- This dip is excellent with these easy to make Keto Tortilla Chips and works equally well with Keto Crackers. (Recipe coming soon.)
- Fresh veggies are also a great option - I like it with celery sticks and red pepper strips.
- Use it as a burger topping.
Dill Pickle Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ cups diced dill pickles I use Bubbies
- ¼ cup pickle juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning sugar-free
- Salt and pepper
- Combine the cream cheese and mayonnaise in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until whipped. (You can also use a hand mixer.)
- Stir in dill pickles, pickle juice, fresh dill, and cajun seasoning. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours prior to serving.
Leave a Reply