Sauces make everything better, and this Keto Bang Bang Sauce is pretty spectacular. It is just the right match for shrimp, chicken, and even cauliflower! With almost no prep time, you get a delicious, no-fail dipping sauce that is guaranteed to leave your taste buds doing a happy dance.
I have always loved flavors that are both sweet and spicy. Perhaps that is why at Bonefish Grill, Bang Bang Shrimp has always been a favorite of mine.
Unfortunately, traditional Bang Bang Sauce is loaded with sugar and inappropriate for a keto low carb diet.
Since I am all about dipping sauces, I knew I had to develop a homemade version.
This Keto Bang Bang Sauce takes less than five minutes to throw together and will liven up so many of your favorite dishes.
Ingredients for Making Bang Bang Sauce Keto
- Mayonnaise: Make sure you read the label! Some brands of mayonnaise have sugar in them. Even in tiny amounts - with zero carbs per serving in the mayo - this can throw some people out of ketosis.
- Chili Garlic Sauce: Chili garlic sauce is found in the ethnic section of the grocery store. It has zero carbohydrates and contains chili, garlic, salt, vinegar, and xanthan gum.
- Sweetener: I recommend a powdered sweetener for the smoothest texture.
- Sriracha: One tablespoon will yield mild heat. For a hotter sauce, feel free to add more to taste.
Tips, Tricks, and Variations
- Bang Bang Sauce typically has a hint of heat but is not overly hot. It has a subtle sweet heat. If you would like to make it hotter, feel free to adjust the amount of Sriracha. Likewise, if you want it to be sweeter, you can add more sweetener.
- If you would like to add a hint of acid to this Keto Bang Bang Sauce Recipe, try adding a couple of teaspoons of rice wine vinegar. Make sure you use unseasoned to keep it low carb. Seasoned rice wine vinegar has sugar in it! Lemon juice is also an option.
- If you don’t want to use mayonnaise, you can substitute full-fat Greek yogurt.
- If you want more garlic flavor, add ½ teaspoon of garlic powder or a clove of minced garlic.
How Do You Use Bang Bang Sauce?
Bang bang sauce can liven up many types of savory dishes!
You can use it to make Bang Bang Shrimp or Chicken. I love making Keto Bang Bang Cauliflower!
It is also great for dipping Keto Chicken Tenders, Air Fried Chicken, or Jicama Fries. It is excellent drizzled over veggies or even eggs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Bang Bang sauce is a sweet chili-based sauce that has been Americanized and made famous by chain restaurants such as Bonefish Grill, renowned for its Bang Bang Shrimp. It is sweet with a hint of kick but not too spicy.
Most Bang Bang Sauce is made with sweet chili sauce and honey and is not keto-friendly. I made this Bang Bang Sauce keto by using chili garlic sauce (which isn’t sweet) and adding Serve to get the sweetness.
Traditional Bang Bang sauce is made of mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, honey, and Sriracha. Some versions add a touch of rice vinegar.
This spicy keto sauce will keep for up to five days in a sealed container in the refrigerator. I do not recommend freezing it.
How to Make Keto Bang Bang Sauce
Making homemade Bang Bang Sauce couldn’t be easier!
Place the mayonnaise, chili garlic sauce, Swerve, and Sriracha in a small bowl.
Whisk to combine.
Taste and more hot sauce or sweetener if desired. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
More Low Carb Sauces to Try
- If you are looking to liven up steak night, this zippy Keto Steak Sauce is just what you are looking for!
- In my opinion, Keto Tzatziki Sauce makes most every dish with Mediterranean flavors even better!
- Whether you enjoy it over meat or vegetables, this Keto Chimichurri never fails to delight.
- Garlic Lemon Aioli is an elevated twist on mayonnaise that makes an exceptional dip.
Keto Bang Bang Sauce
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon Swerve confectioners
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha more or less to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chili garlic sauce, Swerve confectioners, and Sriracha.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Store covered in the refrigerator until serving.
OMG! This sauce is amazing. Its the closest ive had to TRUE Bang Bang sauce. Ive used it to make the cauliflower (in another one of your recipes) and I used it to make shrimp (I put mine in a salad, and made shrimp po'boys for my husband). I love that its so amazingly good, even non-keto eaters like my hubby can eat it and not even know the difference. Thanks so much!
I am so glad that you enjoyed it! I will have to try it with shrimp.
Can you use yogurt in place of Mayo
I haven't tried it but I am sure it would work. I would use full fat (5%).