Looking for an easy way to enjoy the best flavors of fall? This Keto Pumpkin Smoothie is perfect! It takes just 5 minutes to make, making it a quick and easy breakfast or snack to enjoy throughout the season.
Fall is my favorite time of year.
The leaves start changing color, the weather starts to cool down, and, best of all, pumpkin season arrives! I love cooking and baking with pumpkin, so I'm always looking for new recipes to try.
This keto pumpkin smoothie has quickly become one of my favorites.
It's perfect for a quick breakfast or snack, and it's really satisfying.
Give it a try yourself and see how you like it!
- Greek Yogurt: Make sure you use plain, unsweetened full-fat Greek yogurt to keep this smoothie low carb and keto.
- Pumpkin Puree: This adds a delicious pumpkin flavor. Make sure you use pure pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling.
- Heavy Whipping Cream or Almond Milk: The heavy cream will make the smoothie richer and thicker, while the almond milk will keep it light and refreshing.
- Maple Syrup Substitute or Sweetener of Choice: I use a maple syrup substitute to sweeten the smoothie without adding extra carbs, but feel free to use your preferred sugar-free sweetener. Liquid stevia is a great option.
- Peanut Butter or Almond Butter: This adds a delicious nutty flavor. Use your favorite nut butter, or omit it if you have allergies.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: This adds a touch of warmth and fall flavor. If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, you could use cinnamon. Don’t forget to sprinkle some on top!
- Ice: For a refreshing, icy texture.
- You can add in some collagen powder or keto protein powder for an extra boost of protein.
- For a little crunch, top the smoothie with chopped nuts, chia seeds, or pumpkin seeds.
- To make this low carb pumpkin spice smoothie vegan, use a plant-based yogurt and milk alternative. Canned coconut milk makes this extra rich and creamy while staying dairy free.
- A teaspoon of vanilla extract, nutmeg, or even minced fresh ginger adds a nice pop of flavor.
- Add two tablespoons of softened full-fat cream cheese for a keto pumpkin cheesecake smoothie.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is pumpkin good for keto diet?
Yes, pumpkin is a great choice for the keto diet. It's low in carbs and high in fiber, making it a perfect addition to your keto meal plan.
Can you freeze pumpkin puree for smoothies?
Yes, you can definitely freeze pumpkin puree for smoothies. Just be sure to thaw it before using in your smoothie recipe unless you have a high speed blender and freeze it in ice cube trays.
Tools Needed to Make
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
You can store leftovers in the fridge for 1-2 days. When ready to enjoy, give it a quick stir or shake and enjoy cold.
I recommend only adding ice to the portion that you plan on enjoying immediately.
How to Make
See the recipe card below for full instructions with measurements.
First, start by adding Greek yogurt, pumpkin puree, heavy cream or almond milk, sweetener, and nut butter to your blender.
Next, add in the pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon and ice.
Blend everything until smooth.
Transfer to a glass and serve immediately. Top with whipped cream if desired.
More Keto Pumpkin Recipes
- With just six ingredients, you won’t believe how easy this Keto Pumpkin Soup is to make. Best of all, it is so full of flavor. Make it once, and you will enjoy it all season long!
- For a delicious breakfast or snack, this Pumpkin Chia Pudding is perfect!
- Keto Pumpkin Muffins are quick to make and even quicker to disappear. This is one the whole family is going to love.
Keto Pumpkin Smoothie
- ½ cup plain full-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup heavy cream or unsweetened almond milk.
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup substitute or sweetener of choice
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter or almond butter
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 1 cup ice
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a glass and serve immediately.
- Top with whipped cream if desired.
So easy to make and super healthy!
OMG! This sounds so delicious! I saved the recipe for tomorrow! Thanks x
Journa Liz Ramirez
Love the simplicity of this pumpkin recipe. It is a convenient recipe perfect for breakfast. Highly recommended!
This recipe is really amazing! Perfect for any occasion! Thanks a bunch for this very tasty pumpkin smoothie recipe! Will surely have this again! Highly recommended!
This is fantastic! So happy to find a healthy, fall-flavored smoothie.