Start your day with this Keto Green Smoothie. This easy smoothie is super-quick, flavor-packed, and loaded with ingredients that will leave you feeling your best.
Are you looking for a quick and easy way to add more veggies to your keto diet? If so, then you need to try this keto green smoothie! It's packed with healthy greens and surprisingly delicious.
Best of all, it is so easy to make! Just add the ingredients to your blender and process until smooth.
Finish with a sprinkle of energizing nuts and seeds for a delicious breakfast or snack that is sure to fuel your day!
- Almond Milk: I used unsweetened almond milk, but for a richer (and more caloric) option, you could use heavy cream for all or part of the almond milk. Canned coconut milk would also work.
- Spinach: Spinach adds a nice dose of vitamins and minerals, and it doesn't have much of a taste in this smoothie. You could also use kale, chard, or another leafy green. I used fresh spinach, but you could use frozen if that is what you have on hand.
- Collagen protein: Collagen is great for joint health and hair, skin, and nail growth. It can also help with gut health. I used a plain unflavored collagen protein powder, but feel free to use your favorite flavored keto-friendly protein powder.
- Avocado: Adding avocado not only adds healthy fats, but it also helps make the smoothie creamy and delicious. You could also add some nut butter for extra creaminess and healthy fats.
- Sweetener: I like to use stevia drops to sweeten my smoothie, but you could also use a keto-friendly granulated or powdered sweetener. Don’t skip adding sweetener - the taste of this smoothie relies on it.
- Ice (optional): I like my smoothies nice and cold, so I always add ice. But it's optional.
Tips & Tricks
- I recommend adding the ingredients to your blender in the order they are listed. Adding the liquid first helps the blending process.
- If you want to add more healthy fats while adding texture and flavor, try adding some unsweetened coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, nuts, or chia seeds.
- Feel free to experiment with different greens and protein powders until you find your favorite combination! And get creative with toppings - some unsweetened coconut flakes or a sprinkle of cinnamon would be yummy
- Change up the vegetables you use, or add more to make this low-carb smoothie your own. Cucumber and celery are great options.
- Fruit, in moderation, may be added. Try blueberries or strawberries for a hint of sweetness or lemon juice for a pop or flavor.
- Add oil to increase the fat while keeping the carbs in check. Both coconut oil and MCT oil are great options.
- Feel free to switch up the protein powder. Whey protein is a great option - just read the label and ensure there are no ingrendeintes that aren’t keto-friendly. If you want to use vanilla protein powder, make sure there is no added sugar.
- Try adding nut butter to this green smoothie recipe. Peanut butter or macadamia nut butter are both great options.
- Next level your green smoothie ingredients by adding fresh herbs. Parsley is a great addition.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often should you drink green smoothies?
There is no set rule on how often you should drink green smoothies. It really just depends on your own personal dietary preferences and goals.
Some people like to have a green smoothie every day, while others prefer to have them a few times a week as part of their regular meal plan. Listen to your body and do what works best for you.
Are green smoothies keto?
That depends on the ingredients used to make them.
Many green smoothies use bananas for sweetness, which can be high in carbohydrates.
However, this keto green smoothie uses low carb ingredients and is suitable for a ketogenic diet. Always make sure to check the nutrition information and adjust ingredients as needed to fit your own personal dietary needs and goals.
Can green smoothies replace meals?
It really depends on the individual and the ingredients used in the smoothie.
The nutrients in green smoothies can certainly provide a substantial and balanced meal, but it ultimately comes down to personal preference and meeting your own nutritional needs.
Some people like to have a green smoothie as a meal replacement or snack, while others prefer to have them alongside a meal for added nutrition.
Tools Needed to Make
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
You can store leftover green smoothies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. However, I recommend drinking it immediately for the best taste and texture.
To make ahead, you can prep all of the ingredients (except for the avocado) and store them separately in the refrigerator until ready to blend. Then just add the avocado before blending.
How to Make
This green smoothie is super easy to make. Just add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately and enjoy!
More Keto Smoothies and Drinks to Try
Keto Green Smoothie
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup packed spinach
- 2 scoops collagen protein
- ½ avocado peeled, pitted, and diced
- Stevia or sweetener of choice to taste
- Ice optional
- Combine the almond milk, spinach, collagen protein, avocado, and sweetener in a blender. Process until smooth.
- Add ice, and process until incorporated.
- Sprinkle with nuts and seeds if desired, and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply