Keto Reuben Casserole is a wonderful twist on the much loved Reuben Sandwich. Prepare for mouthfuls of flavor before you - it has all of the ingredients you love in the confines one cheesy dish. With just 15 minutes of hands-on time, this recipe is perfect for busy weeknights.
What happens when you combine all the flavors of your favorite sandwich into a casserole?
The result is the most comforting of dishes that you will turn to again and again!
This Low Carb Reuben Casserole is quick to make and absolutely delicious. It makes a satisfying dinner, and leftovers are great for lunch the next day.
Can You Have Ketchup On Keto?
Most ketchup is loaded with sugar and is not keto-friendly. There are sugar-free versions, but many of them contain sucralose, which isn't considered a clean ingredient and may lead to sugar cravings in some.
I prefer to make homemade ketchup, but I keep Primal Kitchen on hand for those times when I am short on time.
What Do You Serve with Reuben Casserole?
Can This Recipe Be Make Ahead of Time?
Yes! This recipe can be made up to a day ahead of time. Leftovers will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Can Reuben Casserole Be Frozen?
This recipe can be frozen, but there is a slight decline in the overall texture. If you choose to freeze it, it will keep for about three months.
How to Make Keto Reuben Casserole
This is a visual walkthrough for those that like pictures. See the recipe card below for the complete recipe with measurements.
First, start by preheating your oven and spraying your casserole dish with cooking spray. I like avocado oil, but any oil works here.
Next, combine the mayonnaise, cream cheese, ketchup, horseradish, and smoked paprika in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
After that, chop the corned beef and layer half of it on the bottom of the prepped dish. Top with half of the well-drained sauerkraut, chopped pickles, and caraway seeds.
Drizzle with half of the sauce and top with half of the cheese.
Repeat the layers ending with the cheese. Bake for 25 minutes. Turn the heat to broil and cook until the top is browned and bubbling.
You May Also Like
- Want more cheesy goodness? Don't miss this Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole.
- Keto BBQ Chicken Casserole is a kid-friendly dish that is always a hit.
- Looking for more inspiration? Check out my complete collection of Keto Casserole Recipes.
Keto Reuben Casserole
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened (about 3 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons keto ketchup or any sugar-free ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 16 ounces thinly sliced corned beef chopped
- 16 ounces sauerkraut drained and blotted dry
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds toasted and crushed
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray a 9 x 9 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the mayonnaise, cream cheese, ketchup, horseradish and paprika in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Layer half of the corned beef on the bottom of the casserole dish. Top with half of the sauerkraut, chopped pickles, and caraway seeds. Drizzle with half of the sauce, and top with 1/2 of the cheese.
- Repeat the layers, adding the remaining corned beef, sauerkraut, dill pickles, caraway seeds and cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Turn the heat to broil and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes, until the top is browned and bubbling.