This Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole is easily my favorite casserole that I’ve ever made. It is so rich, creamy, and cheesy. Make this one for your next family dinner, and you will have a glow of satisfaction that comes from serving something that everyone loves.
Family Dinners Don’t Get Any Better Than This Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
I have loved cheesy comfort food since I was a child.
Back when I was vegan, this was my biggest struggle. It wasn’t the meat that I craved. It was cheesy, creamy goodness!
One of the best parts about keto for me is that cheesy casseroles are not off-limits.
The other thing I love?
Because everything is better with bacon, right?
I have made a lot of casseroles through the years, and this Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole is easily one of my favorites. It has become my go-to recipe when I don’t know what to make for dinner. I think you will agree – this one is a keeper!
How to Make Chicken Broccoli Casserole
1 First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Add oil to your skillet and heat to medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook for 5 minutes.
2 Next, add the spinach to the skillet. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the spinach wilts. Remove from heat.
3 After that, combine the onion, spinach, chicken, and bacon in a large bowl.
4 In the bowl of a food processor, combine the cream cheese, ranch dressing, and cayenne pepper. Process until smooth. Toss the ranch mixture with the chicken mixture and stir until combined.
5 Transfer to an 8 x 8 baking dish.
6 Top with cheese and bake for 30 minutes. Drizzle with additional ranch and sprinkle with bacon crumbles and parsley.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I serve with this recipe?
You and serve this on its own if you like since it already has spinach with it. For some extra veggies, try serving it with:
- Side Salad
- Roasted Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Rice
Can I use chicken thighs?
Absolutely! It is more keto-friendly if you do, I tend to use breasts because I prefer them.
Can I use low-fat dairy?
You can, but I don’t recommend it. Low-fat dairy isn’t appropriate for a keto diet, and most experts don’t recommend it for anyone. Studies have found that insulin resistance improved when people ate more full-fat dairy. Another study showed the people with the highest levels of a fatty acid found only in whole-fat dairy had a 60% lower incidence of diabetes.
How do I reheat Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole?
You can reheat it in the microwave, but I am not a fan of the taste of chicken that has been cooked in the microwave. I would heat it for about 15 minutes in a 350-degree oven. You can also put it in a 300 degree Air Fryer for about 12 minutes. (Obviously, put it in a pan in your air fryer – not directly on the basket.)
Can I freeze this recipe?
Yes – you can assemble it and leave the cheese off and freeze it for up to three months. Cooked leftovers may also be frozen in individual portions.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualified sales.
Can I Use Store Bought Ranch Dressing?
Absolutely! Make sure you read the labels to avoid hidden sugars. This is my go to brand.
- You can substitute broccoli for the spinach. I recommend blanching it first. To do this, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Fill a bowl with ice water. Cook the broccoli for 90 seconds and drain. Immediately plunge the broccoli into the bowl of water. Drain and continue with the recipe as directed.
- Cauliflower is another option. Follow the same directions as you would use for Spinach.
More Keto Casseroles to Try
- For a kid-friendly dinner that is easy to throw together, it doesn’t get much better than this Chicken Broccoli Casserole.
- Love Enchiladas? For an easy meal that has all the flavors and none of the carbs, you will love this Keto Chicken Enchilada Casserole.
- Eggplant Lasagna is a company-worthy casserole that you can prep ahead of time. It is hard to believe that this dish could taste so much like traditional lasagna, but even my kids don’t miss the noodles here. It is a bit of work, but the payoff is worth the time.
- Chicken Pot Pie is a dish my mom has made for me for years. There is no doubt that I see this as the ultimate comfort food. This keto-friendly version is so satisfying.
Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
Anytime I can satisfy my cravings for comfort food in a way that doesn’t end in a carb-induced food coma, I am ecstatic. This Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole is one of my go-to dinners. I prepare the chicken, bacon, and ranch dressing as part of my weekly meal prep, which makes this dish a cinch to throw together.
Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 5 ounces fresh spinach chopped fine
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken breast or thighs cubed
- 8 ounces bacon cooked and chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2/3 cup Keto Ranch Dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- For serving: bacon crumbles ranch dressing, parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a oil in a skillet to medium heat and add the onion.
- Cook for 5 minutes, and add the spinach.
- Cook until the spinach wilts and remove from the heat.
- Combine the onion, spinach, chicken, and bacon in a large bowl.
- Combine the cream cheese, ranch dressing, and cayenne pepper in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
- Toss the mixture with the chicken until well combined and transfer to an 8 x8 baking dish.
- Top with cheese and bake for 30 minutes.
- Drizzle ranch dressing on the top of the casserole. Sprinkle with bacon crumbles and parsley and serve.