This low carb Chicken Cauliflower Fried Rice is the kind of recipe you should learn to make by heart. It is a 20-minute meal that is surprisingly good. This keto recipe isn’t fussy, so feel free to improvise with what you have on hand. It is a great way to clean out your crisper drawer.
Keto Chicken Cauliflower Fried Rice is an Easy One Dish Meal!
There are certain dishes that just scream comfort food.
Although it may not be the first thing that pops into mind for some, settling down to a big bowl of fried rice has always made me smile.
Of course, when I went low carb, this was instantly off the menu.
Or was it?
You won't believe how much this Low Carb Chicken Cauliflower Fried Rice tastes like the "real thing."
Every time I make this recipe, I wonder why I don't make it more often. It takes less than 20 minutes to throw together and is the perfect one-dish meal.
If you have never tried cauli-rice, you are going to be shocked by how good it is.
Or maybe not.
Because it seems like cauliflower is the super-hero of the low carb and vegetable world these days, doesn't it?
There seems to be nothing it can't do, but I would argue that one of the things that it does best is to make "rice".
How to Make Low Carb Chicken Cauliflower Fried Rice
1 Make “rice” by either grating the cauliflower with a box grater or cutting into florets and pulsing in a food processor. You can also buy prepared cauli-rice at most grocery stores. Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2 Whisk eggs and season. Cook in the skillet for about 3 minutes, until set. Transfer to a plate.
3 Add avocado oil to the pan. Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the diced onion and cook for 2 minutes more. Add zucchini and mushrooms and cook for about 3 minutes more.
4 Mix in the riced cauliflower, eggs, coconut milk, and coconut aminos.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes longer, stirring often.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you make cauliflower into rice?
You have two options.
The first one is to use a box grater to grate the vegetable. Watch those fingers!
The second option is to use a food processor. This is my preferred method. To do this, core the cauliflower and cut into florets. Pulse in your food processor until it resembles rice.
Can you buy premade cauliflower rice?
Yes! Most all grocery stores carry cauliflower rice in the freezer section. Some stores, especially places like Whole Foods, often also have fresh cauliflower rice in the produce section. As a result, making recipes with it has never been easier!
When is cauliflower in season?
Although cauliflower is available year-round, it is best in the fall and winter.
Tools Needed to Make This Recipe
Variations for This Recipe
- In place of the chicken, substitute another protein. Good options include bacon, chorizo, ground beef, or shrimp.
- Feel free to substitute other vegetables. Options include kale, spinach, watercress, baby bok choy, bell pepper, broccoli, and snow peas. Clean out that produce drawer!
- Instead of topping the finished dish with Sriracha, try a drizzle of Chili oil or toasted sesame oil.
If You Like This Recipe You May Also Like:
- Keto Stuffed Chicken is so cheesy and delicious that you will find yourself turning to this recipe again and again.
- These Keto Brussels Sprouts are one of my favorite easy side dishes. Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, this recipe will make a Brussels sprout fan out of you.
- Grilled Lamb Kebabs are a fabulous way to mix up your meal plan. They work just as well on an indoor grill pan as they do outside, making them perfect for all year.
Low Carb Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Cut the cauliflower in half, and remove the core. Cut into florets.
- Grate cauliflower using a box grater or pulse in the food processor until riced. If you are using a food processor, be careful not to over process, or you will have mashed cauliflower!
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Whisk the eggs and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add to the skillet and cook until just set, (About 3 minutes.) Transfer to a plate and cut into large pieces.
- Add a tablespoon of oil to the pan and add chicken — Cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in onion, and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add zucchini and mushrooms and cook for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Mix in cauliflower rice, eggs, coconut milk, and coconut aminos. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, for 5 to 6 minutes more.