When you need an easy dinner that is sure to wow the family, you can't go wrong with this Everything Bagel Chicken. Everything seasoning is good with just about anything savory, and this chicken recipe doesn't disappoint. Witch a cream cheese sauce, it is easy to make, satisfying, and fun.
We eat a lot of chicken in our house, so I am always looking for ways to mix things up.
This Everything Bagel Chicken is a fun way to enjoy the flavor of your favorite bagel, minus the carbs. (Though if you are craving a bagel, don't miss these Fathead Bagels.)
The mayonnaise coating keeps the chicken nice and moist, so even if you want to go with chicken breast rather than thighs, you can rest assured that you will have juicy, tender chicken.
One of the things that I love the most about this Everything But the Bagel Chicken is that it is easy to make. In less than ten minutes of prep time, you have a delicious meal that the whole family will beg you to make again and again.
Ingredients for Making Everything But the Bagel Chicken
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualified sales.
- Mayonnaise: Make sure you check for sugar in the ingredients. (Many brands of mayo have sugar in them, which even in small amounts can throw you out of ketosis.)
- Everything Bagel Seasoning: Most grocery stores carry it, as do Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. You can also buy it online.
- Oil: I like avocado oil for high-heat cooking. If you are baking, olive oil works.
- Boneless Chicken: Either breast or thighs work.
- Cream Cheese: Ensure that you are using full fat.
- Sour Cream: Use full fat
- Broth: Check out my Instant Pot Chicken Bone Broth for an easy-to-make recipe for homemade broth.
- Lemon Juice: Use freshly squeezed for the best flavor. For an extra pop of lemon, you can zest the lemon as well.
Making Homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning
Don't want to buy everything bagel seasoning? It is super simple to make your own!
- 1 ½ tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 ½ tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 ½ tablespoons dried minced garlic
- 1 ½ tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine.
Tips & Tricks
- Make sure that you pull the cream cheese out to soften it far enough in advance. It will be impossible to mix otherwise.
- Use an instant-read thermometer and remove the chicken when the internal temperature is 160° F. The chicken will come up to the recommended temperature of 165° F when it rests.
- If you have leftover sauce, it is great on roasted vegetables.
Tools Needed to Make Everything Chicken
This chicken recipe can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. You can freeze leftover cooked chicken for up to three months.
How to Make Everything Bagel Chicken
First, start by making the marinade. Combine the mayonnaise, everything bagel seasoning, and avocado oil in a small bowl.
Next, place the chicken in a shallow dish or in a large zip-top bag. Add the mayonnaise mixture and toss, coating the chicken with the mixture.
After that, refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
Air Fryer Everything Bagel Seasoning Chicken
First, preheat the air fryer to 400° F. Cook for about 14 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 160° F.
Note that the actual cooking time will depend on the size of the chicken breast and your air fryer.
Start by preheating your oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Transfer the chicken to the prepared baking sheet.
Bake for about 30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through, and an internal thermometer reads 160° F.
Everything Bagel Cream Cheese Sauce
While the chicken cooks, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, chicken broth, everything seasoning, and lemon juice in a small bowl.
If you like, you can gently heat the sauce over low heat in a small saucepan.
Drizzle the sauce on top of the chicken and serve.
More Keto Chicken Recipes to Try
If you like this everything but the bagel chicken recipe, you may also like:
Everything Bagel Chicken
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup everything bagel seasoning
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breast or thighs
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons everything seasoning
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, bagel seasoning, and avocado oil.
- Place the chicken in a shallow dish or a large zip-top bag. Add the mayonnaise mixture and coat.
- Return to the refrigerator for 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400° F.
- Arrange the chicken in a single layer, using air fryer liners if desired.
- Cook for 7 minutes. Flip, and cook for 7 more minutes until the internal temperature reaches 160° F.
- Allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Place the chicken on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cook for 25 to 30 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 160° F.
- Allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Cream Cheese Sauce
- Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, chicken broth, everything seasoning, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Stir to combine. If desired, you can heat over low heat in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the sauce on top of the chicken and serve.