Every cook needs a few classic recipes to turn to, and this Keto Roasted Chicken is one I think you will enjoy. It works just as well for a Sunday dinner as it does on your holiday table. This is one of those recipes that is deceptively easy to make and always a crowd-pleaser!
With teenage boys, roasting large cuts of meat is a lifesaver around my house. Often on the weekends, I will cook two whole chickens. One for dinner, and the other for lunches and to use in other recipes during the week.
This Keto Roasted Chicken is one of my favorite go-to recipes! It is easy to make, can be prepped ahead, and always a hit with the kids
- For a classic combination, try this with Keto Roasted Vegetables. Perfect for the holidays! (Recipe coming soon.)
- If you are looking for a simple side that never fails to delight, give this Keto Roasted Cauliflower a try!
- To really wow your friends and family, try these Keto Green Beans with Parmesan.
- Gravy makes everything better and this Keto Mushroom gravy is the perfect way to complete this keto roast chicken dinner.
Tips and Tricks for Keto Roasted Chicken
- I like to put a 1/2 cup chicken broth in the bottom of my roasting pan to add moisture.
- Don't skip basting the chicken with the juices during the cooking process. This will help to keep it from drying out.
- Due to the variances in ovens, starting temperature of your chicken, and your chicken's exact size, I can't stress enough the importance of using an instant-read thermometer to ensure that your chicken is cooked through without being overcooked. Pull the chicken out when it is 160° F. Let it rest for 10 minutes. During this time, the internal temperature will continue to rise until it is the recommended 165° F.
- If you don't have a roasting pan, arrange the chicken on top of a hearty vegetable (such as Brussels sprouts or onion) for roasting.
Can I Eat Roasted Chicken on Keto?
Yes, chicken is an excellent option for protein on a keto diet. Since it has a higher fat content, dark meat chicken is considered more keto-friendly, but both dark and white meat can fit in well to a keto diet.
If you are looking to enjoy a keto roasted chicken dinner out, it is always good to ask about the ingredients. Believe it or not, brining chicken in sugar is a thing!
- Softened butter works great in place of the oil.
- Butter flavored coconut oil is another option.
- For a kick of subtle heat, add 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper to the spice mixture.
How to Make Keto Roasted Chicken
Start by preheating your oven to 450° F.
In a small bowl, mix the avocado oil and seasonings. Loosen the skin from the chicken breast, and rub some of the seasoned oil between the skin and breast.
Rub the remaining mixture on the outside of the chicken. I like to do this a day ahead of time to let the chicken marinate, but you can also do it just before serving.
Stuff the cavity of the chicken with the herbs and lemon.
Truss the chicken and set on a roasting rack over a pan.
Cook for about an hour, basting occasionaly until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thigh registers 160° F.
Rest for at least 15 minutes prior to cutting.
More Keto Chicken Recipes To Try
- Keto Lemon Chicken is easy enough for a weeknight, but the presentation makes it company worthy.
- Craving comfort food? Keto Chicken Pot Pie Soup will hit the spot!
- This simple Air Fryer Chicken deserves a spot in the meal-prep schedule.
- Easy Orange Chicken is a healthier take on a take out classic.
Keto Roasted Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 450° F.
- In a small bowl mix together the avocado oil, smoked paprika, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Loosen the skin from the chicken breast and rub some of the seasoned oil between the skin and breast. Rub the remaining oil on the inside and outside of the chicken.
- Stuff the cavity of the chicken with the herbs and lemon. Truss the chicken set on a rack on a roasting pan.
- Roast the chicken for 50 minutes to 1 hour, basting with the juices occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the inner thigh registers 160° F. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 15 minutes.