I can’t stop making this Keto Chicken Alfredo and I think you are going to love it just as much as I do. Sometimes I eat it all weekend for lunch and dinner. Rich and creamy Alfredo sauce tossed with cajun seasoned chicken breast, and sautéed mushrooms are nothing short of a dream. This is a low carb meal that may make you feel like you are cheating.
Fall in Love with Keto Chicken Alfredo!
I’ll have to say that one of my favorite things about following a low carb and keto diet is all the guilt that I don’t feel when I enjoy all things cheesy and creamy.
I’ve never had much of a sweet tooth. Although I like sweets well enough, I rarely crave them and don’t struggle with portion control. I am the weird person who can have three bites of cake and feel satisfied.
But that doesn’t mean I am without my weaknesses when it comes to food.
I have plenty.
Anything salty and crunchy.
And anything creamy and cheesy.
(Let’s forget about my love of bread and pasta, for now, k?)
This Keto Chicken Alfredo checks off all the boxes when it comes to creamy and cheesy perfection! It is the kind of meal you will make over and over and never get tired of.
I am big on meal prep.
Not because I am exceptionally efficient or organized, but because I know myself to know that the wheels are falling off all of my good intentions if I get hungry and am not prepared. Having this Keto Alfredo Sauce on hand means I’m never far from a low carb meal, and this recipe is one of my favorite ways to enjoy it.
Frequently Asked Questions
The easiest way to spiralize zucchini is with a spiralizer. With the ease of turning the crank, you will have perfect noodles. Most models allow you to adjust the thickness of the noodles, which is ideal if you have a particular width that you enjoy. Another option is to use a vegetable peeler. This takes a bit more effort but is an excellent option if you don’t have the space or budget for another kitchen gadget
Thanks to the zucchini noodle craze, you can buy zoodles in most major grocery stores. Almost every store has a frozen option, and some even offer spiralized zucchini fresh in the produce section.
- Add 1 1/2 cups frozen and thawed baby peas – watch the carbs if you are on keto and strictly tracking.
- In place of the mushrooms use thin asparagus spears that have been cut into 3 inch pieces and sautéed.
- Use roasted broccoli florets in place of the mushrooms.
Tools Needed to Make this Recipe
The following are affiliate links. We are a participants in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only link to things I use and love.
- Large Skillet
- Spiralizer (if you are not using pre-spiralized zucchini.
If You Like This Recipe You May Also Like:
Keto Chicken Alfredo
Keto Chicken Alfredo
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning check label to avoid cornstarch or other anti-caking agents
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 2 pounds zucchini spiralized
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- Keto Alfredo Sauce for serving
- Fresh lemons for serving
- Sprinkle the chicken breast with Cajun seasoning.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add ghee.
- Cook the chicken until golden brown and cooked through, about 7 minutes per side.
- While the chicken is cooking, sprinkle the zucchini noodles with salt and place in a colander.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes; cut into cubes.
- While the chicken is resting, sauté the mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini to the pan, and cook for three or four minutes.
- Add chicken and the desired amount of Alfredo sauce to the pan and toss to combine. (I used 1 cup of sauce.)
- Serve warm with fresh lemon juice.