I can’t stop making this Keto Chicken Alfredo and I think you are going to love it just as much as I do. Rich and creamy Alfredo sauce tossed with cajun seasoned chicken breast, and sautéed mushrooms are nothing short of a dream. This is a low carb meal that may make you feel like you are cheating.
Fall in Love with Keto Chicken Alfredo!
I'll have to say that one of my favorite things about following a low carb and keto diet is all the guilt that I don't feel when I enjoy all things cheesy and creamy.
This Keto Chicken Alfredo checks off all the boxes when it comes to creamy and cheesy perfection! It is the kind of meal you will make over and over and never get tired of.
I am big on meal prep.
Not because I am exceptionally efficient or organized, but because I know myself to know that the wheels are falling off all of my good intentions if I get hungry and am not prepared.
Having this Keto Alfredo Sauce on hand means I'm never far from a low carb meal, and this recipe is one of my favorite ways to enjoy it.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn From Qualifying Sales
How Do I Spiralize Zucchini?
The easiest way to spiralize zucchini is with a spiralizer. With the ease of turning the crank, you will have perfect noodles.
Most models allow you to adjust the thickness of the noodles, which is ideal if you have a particular width that you enjoy.
Another option is to use a vegetable peeler. This takes a bit more effort but is an excellent option if you don't have the space or budget for another kitchen gadget,
If you have a Kitchen Aid stand mixer, they have an spiralizer attachment that works very well.
Can I Buy Zucchini That is Already Spiralized?
Thanks to the zucchini noodle craze, you can buy zoodles in most major grocery stores. Almost every store has a frozen option, and some even offer spiralized zucchini fresh in the produce section.
- Add 1 ½ cups frozen and thawed baby peas - watch the carbs if you are on keto and strictly tracking.
- In place of the mushrooms use thin asparagus spears that have been cut into 3 inch pieces and sautéed.
- Use roasted broccoli florets in place of the mushrooms.
- If zucchini noodles aren't your thing, try spaghetti squash, Shirataki Noodles, or Palmini Noodles
Tools Needed to Make this Recipe
- Large Skillet
- Spiralizer (if you are not using pre-spiralized zucchini.
Can I Use Something Other Than Chicken Breasts?
Can I Use Precooked Chicken for This Recipe?
Yes! If you are short on time this works great. If you would like, you can still sprinkle them with cajun seasoning and heat in a skillet to allow the spices to combine.
Can I Use Chicken Thighs?
Absolutely! Chicken thighs are a great option here and are a very keto-friendly option. Make sure that you cook them until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Storing and Freezing
This recipe will keep for about three days in a sealed container in the refrigerator. If you don't mix the zucchini noodles in, you can freeze it for about a month.
Alfredo sauce can be a little tricky to reheat because it tends to want to separate. The key is to reheat is slowly over low heat, stirring often. I recommend doing this on the stovetop.
How to Make Keto Chicken Alfredo
Start by sprinkling the chicken with seasoning. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add ghee. (Or whatever oil you want.)
Cook until the chicken is golden brown. Remove it from the skillet and let it rest. Cut into cubes.
Meanwhile, make your zucchini noodles and place them in a colander. Sprinkle with salt and set aside.
While the chicken is resting, sauté the mushrooms in the same skillet that you used to cook the chicken. Add the zucchini to the pan and cook for about 3 minutes.
Add the chicken and Alfredo sauce to the pan and toss to combine.
Serve with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
If You Like This Recipe You May Also Like:
Keto Chicken Alfredo
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning check label to avoid cornstarch or other anti-caking agents
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 2 pounds zucchini spiralized
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup Keto Alfredo Sauce
- Fresh lemons for serving
- Sprinkle the chicken breast with Cajun seasoning.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add ghee.
- Cook the chicken until golden brown and cooked through, about 7 minutes per side.
- While the chicken is cooking, sprinkle the zucchini noodles with salt and place in a colander.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes; cut into cubes.
- While the chicken is resting, sauté the mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini to the pan, and cook for three or four minutes.
- Add chicken and the desired amount of Alfredo sauce to the pan and toss to combine. (I used 1 cup of sauce.)
- Serve warm with fresh lemon juice.
Other Recipes with Chicken and Zucchini Noodles to Try:
This post was originally published April 2019. It was updated May 2020.
Leave a Reply