You are going to want to put this Keto Alfredo Sauce in your weekly rotation for meal prep. It is so delicious and perfect over zucchini noodles, chicken, and even eggs. This one makes everyone happy. It keeps well in the fridge, so make it on the weekend and you will have it for quick and easy meals all week.
Growing up, we ate out quite a bit.
One of my favorite places to go as a kid was the Olive Garden where Fettuccine Alfredo was my go to meal. I can still remember diving into a bowl. I would always ask for an extra side of Alfredo to dip my breadsticks in.
Because as much as I loved pasta, it was all about the delicious sauce.
Pasta and I have officially broken up, but I am still loving alfredo.
I think you are going to fall in love with this Keto Alfredo Sauce as much as I have. It has all the yumminess of you know and love.
Cream cheese thickens the sauce, eliminating the need for any other thickener.
Ingredients for Making Low Carb Alfredo Sauce
- Butter: I recommend using unsalted butter so that you can adjust the seasonings to your liking.
- Heavy Cream: If you are low carb and not keto, half and half works as well.
- Broth: For best flavor, consider making your own using this Instant Pot Chicken Bone Broth recipe.
- Cream Cheese: Make sure you use full fat. I typically pull it out of the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature before using, but this step is optional.
- Seasonings: Garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper round out the flavors for this delicious keto cream sauce. Adjust the amounts to your liking.
- Parmesan: Use freshly grated or pre-grated from the refrigerator section.
Tips & Tricks
- Make sure that you do not bring the sauce to a boil as this will cause the cheese to turn grainy. Keep it at a low simmer.
- You will need to whisk this frequently - this keto white sauce isn’t a recipe you want to start and forget about.
- Make sure that you use fresh Parmesan cheese and not canned.
VARIATIONS FOR THIS RECIPE
- Add an extra kick with ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- You can use Asiago cheese in place of the Parmesan.
Both are crazy good and surprisingly easy meals. It is also great over broccoli, spaghetti squash or meatballs or even just drizzled on a steak. Dinner bliss!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Alfredo Sauce Keto?
That depends. Many homemade recipes are keto friendly, but not all. Most alfredo sauces that you buy will not be keto because they have ingredients such as cornstarch and soybean oil that are not keto-friendly.
Does Alfredo Sauce Have Milk?
Alfredo Sauce is traditionally made with cream, but some versions can use milk to lower the fat. To keep this recipe Keto Friendly, it is important that you stick with cream. If you are low carb and not keto, you can use half and half if you like.
How Long Will This Recipe Last in the Refrigerator?
You can keep this recipe in a sealed container or jar for up to five days.
Store this keto alfredo sauce in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to five days.`
How to Make Keto Alfredo Sauce
First, start by melting the butter.
Add the cream, broth, and cream cheese.
Whisk until the cream cheese melts.
Add the seasonings and parmesan.
Whisk to combine, and cook for 5 minutes, until the sauce begins to thicken.
More Keto Recipes to Try
- Keto Cheese Sauce is quick and easy to make and a great way to elevate your favorite veggies.
- This Keto Balsamic Vinaigrette is so good! It will have you craving salads all the time.
- Looking for a great way to take your steaks to the next level? This Keto Chimichurri is perfect!
- Keto Tzatziki Sauce is surprisingly delicious! It is perfect for chicken or lamb.
Keto Alfredo Sauce
- ½ cup butter 1 stick
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ⅔ cups chicken broth
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese grated
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan.
- Add cream, broth, and cream cheese.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking often, until the cream cheese is melted.
- Add in garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and cheese and whisk to combine.
- Cook for 5 minutes, until the sauce begins to thicken.