You are going to want to put this Keto Alfredo Sauce in your weekly rotation for meal prep. It is distractingly delicious and perfect over zucchini noodles, chicken, and even eggs. This one makes everyone happy. It keeps well in the fridge, so make it on the weekend and you will have it for quick and easy meals all week.
Growing up, we ate out quite a bit.
It isn't that my mom didn't cook. She was and is a great cook.
It is just that both of my parents enjoy eating out and see it as a form of recreation. (I supposed that is where I get it from - I love to eat out as well.)
There weren't a lot of non-chain options where I grew up, so most often we were visiting chains.
One of my favorites as a kid was the Olive Garden.
This was long before I knew that gluten was an issue for me, and even longer before I realized that I felt better when I kept my carbs in check.
My favorite meal there was the Fettuccine Alfredo. I can still remember diving into a bowl. I would always ask for an extra side of Alfredo to dip my breadsticks in. Because as much as I loved pasta, it was all about the delicious sauce.
Pasta and I have officially broken up, but I am still loving Alfredo.
I think you are going to fall in love with this Keto Alfredo Sauce as much as I have. It has all the yumminess of you know and love.
Really, is there anything that isn't better with a drizzle of Alfredo?
Ok, ice cream. This would be very bad on ice cream.
But I can't think of a protein or vegetable that wouldn't be a bit better with this sauce.
I like to make it on the weekend and keep a jar in the fridge. That way I can pull it out and have dinner ready in a flash.
One of my favorite ways to enjoy it is with Keto Chicken Alfredo. It is a crazy good and surprisingly easy meal. It is also great over broccoli or meatballs or even just drizzled on a steak. Dinner bliss!
Frequently Asked Questions
Alfredo Sauce is traditionally made with cream, but some versions can use milk to lower the fat. To keep this recipe Keto Friendly, it is important that you stick with cream. If you are not Keto and wish to subsitute whole milk, you may do so.
You can keep this recipe in a sealed container or jar for up to five days.
Tips for Making This Recipe
- Make sure that you do not bring the sauce to a boil as this will cause the cheese to turn grainy. Keep it at a low simmer.
- You will need to whisk this frequently - this isn’t a recipe you want to start and forget about.
- Make sure that you use fresh Parmesan cheese and not canned.
Variations for This Recipe
- Add an extra kick with 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- You can use Asiago cheese in place of the Parmesan.
If You Like This Recipe You May Also Like:
Keto Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cups bone broth or chicken broth
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese grated
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan.
- Add cream, bone broth, and cream cheese.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking often, until the cream cheese is melted.
- Add in garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and cheese and whisk to combine.
- Cook for 5 minutes, until the sauce begins to thicken.