You are going to love this rich and luscious Keto Cream Cheese Chicken. Cream cheese is combined with sharp cheddar, punchy garlic, herbaceous basil, and salty sun-dried tomatoes for a delicious chicken stuffing that I can never get enough of. This drool-worthy chicken recipe is surprisingly simple to make.
If you've been here long at all, you know I am all about anything rich and creamy.
Being able to indulge in all that cheesy goodness without guilt is one of my favorite parts of being on a keto diet.
This Keto Cream Cheese Chicken is my latest obsession, and I think you are going to like it too!
Let's make dinner, shall we?
- Feel free to use another creamy cheese to stuff the chicken. Marscapone, goat cheese, and Boursin are all excellent options. Seasoned cream cheese is another great option.
- Chopped artichokes and spinach make a nice addition to the filling.
- For a fun twist, add bacon, chives, and cheddar cheese to the filling.
- Cooking time depends on the thickness and overall size, so ensure that you use an Instant Read thermometer to determine doneness. You should remove the chicken from the heat when it reaches 160 degrees. Allow it to rest, and it will continue to rise in temperature until it comes to the recommended 165 degrees.
- Don't skip using a toothpick or skewer to keep the filling in as you cook! You may need to shift it slightly when you flip to ensure even browning.
- I recommend only flipping once. Excessive flipping can cause the filling to fall out.
What Do You Serve With Keto Chicken Recipes with Cream Cheese?
- Instant Pot Brussels Sprouts make a fast and easy side that never fail to delight.
- Keto Green Beans are so simple to make and a great way to round out your meal.
- If you like easy sides, this Keto Asparagus is perfection.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can stuff the chicken up to one day ahead of time and keep it in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Leftovers can be kept for up to three days in the refrigerator. My preferred method of reheating is the oven.
Yes, you can. Brush or spray the top of the chicken with oil for a little browning. Bake at 350 for 20 to 30 minutes, until an Instant-Read thermometer reaches 160 degrees.
How to Make Keto Cream Cheese Chicken
First, start by combining the softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese, sun-dried, tomatoes, basil, and garlic in a medium bowl.
Season the chicken and cut a horizontal slit to form a pocket. (Do not cut all the way through.)
Next, stuff the chicken with the cream cheese mixture and secure with toothpicks or wooden skewers.
Cook on the stovetop or air fryer until and Instant Read Thermometer registers 160 degrees.
Allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving. (The internal temperature should reach 165 degrees.)
Keto Cream Cheese Chicken
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and garlic.
- Season the chicken to taste with salt and pepper. Cut a horizontal slit through the center of the chicken to form a pocket.
- Stuff the chicken with the cream cheese mixture and secure with toothpicks or wooden skewers.
- Stove Top
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook for 10 minutes per side, or until the center of the chicken registers 160° F on an instant-read thermometer. Allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Air Fryer
- Brush the outside of the chicken with the oil. Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees.
- Place the chicken in the air fryer and cook for 10 minutes. Flip and cook for another 10 minutes, or until the center of the chicken registers 160° F on an instant-read thermometer. Allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes.