This Instant Pot Rosemary Chicken is simple to make, but the depth of flavor will delight you. If you are a rosemary lover like me, you are going to love this. I like to squeeze the chicken with a little lemon just before serving - it really brightens the dish.
This year was the first year since my early twenties that I decided to plant a garden. Given is happening globally, it seemed like both a smart thing to do and a fun distraction for the family.
Since I live on a golf course, and my entire back yard is hardscaped around the pool, my efforts have been limited to containers and tower gardens.
One of the things I've loved the most is having fresh herbs. We've enjoyed so much rosemary - I have become a bit obsessed and can't get enough.
From my Keto Lamb Meatballs to Pan Seared Ribeye and Keto Flank Steak, I'm always impressed with how fresh rosemary takes flavors to the next level. (Of course, if you don't have fresh on hand, dried works too.)
This Instant Pot Lemon Rosemary Chicken is my latest obsession! It is super-simple to make and one I find myself turning to over and over.
Tools Needed to Make Instant Pot Rosemary Chicken Breasts or Thighs
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualified sales.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! One of the beauties of cooking in the Instant Pot is that unlike the Air fryer, layering the chicken is just fine.
Yes. Just increase the initial cook time to 15 minutes, and make sure you use an Instant Read thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches 165° F before serving.
How to Make Instant Pot Rosemary Chicken
This is a visual walk through of the recipe. Please see the recipe card below for the full recipe with measurements.
First, start by blotting the chicken dry. Combine the seasonings and sprinkle them over the chicken.
Add the broth, lemon juice, and fresh rosemary to the pot.
After that, add the chicken.
Cook at high pressure for 4 minutes and then do a quick release. Remove the chicken from the pot.
Select saute and bring the liquid to a simmer, and then add 3 tablespoons of the butter and xanthan gum.
Cook until the sauce thickens and then remove the sauce from the pot.
Wipe the pot clean and then melt the remaining butter in it. Cook the chicken until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
Serve the chicken with the rosemary sauce on top.
- This Instant Pot Lemon Chicken is loaded with fresh flavors that can brighten any day.
- Keto Instant Pot Chicken with Mushrooms is super-simple, ready in a flash, and absolutely delicious.
- Keto Cheeseburger Casserole has the flavors of your favorite burger in the confines of a single low carb dish.
- Looking for more inspiration? Check out this round up of Keto Instant Pot Recipes!
Instant Pot Rosemary Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, breasts or a combo
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter divided
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Blot the chicken dry. Combine the salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a small bowl and sprinkle over the chicken. (If you have time, allow to sit uncovered in the refrigerator for an hour or overnight.)
- Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, and rosemary to the pot and stir to combine. Add the chicken and seal the lid. Select high pressure and set the time for 4 minutes. (Increase to 10 minutes if you want to skip browning.)
- When the timer is up do a quick release.
- Remove the chicken from the pot. Hit cancel, and then select high sauté. Bring the liquid to a simmer and then add 3 tablespoons of the butter and xanthan gum. Cook until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes, and then remove the sauce from the pot. Wipe the pot clean.
Optional - Brown the Chicken
- Return the pot to the heat and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer should register 165 °F.
- Serve the chicken with the rosemary sauce on top.