I went wild the first time I tasted this Keto Pimento Cheese Recipe. It is quite simply the BEST pimento cheese ever. With pimentos, smoked paprika, cream cheese, and sharp cheddar, you have got a flavor-packed spread that you will never get tired of. Serve it as an appetizer with vegetables or low carb crackers, or use it as a topping for burgers. Just 1 net carb per serving!
Keto Pimento Cheese Will Be a Hit with the Whole Family!
Being from the South, Pimento Cheese has always been a thing in my life. I can remember relatives from Georgia arguing about who has the best pimiento cheese recipe. It is as Southern as grits and sweet tea!
As a child, I was unimpressed, but through the years, I've grown to love it.
Of course, it HAS to be homemade pimento cheese. Maybe it is because of my vivid memory of the awful version my Dad used to buy from the grocery store in the '80s. (I am not even sure you could call that pimento cheese.)
I've never been able to get on board with any pimento cheese that I bought prepared. I've even tried at some specialty shops and in my opinion, it is not the same.
Good thing it is so simple to make! You are going to LOVE this Keto Pimento Cheese recipe. It is so flavor-packed that you will want to keep the whole thing to yourself.
It lasts for five days in the fridge, so go ahead. I won't judge.
How to Make Keto Pimento Cheese:
1 First, gather your ingredients. You will need:
2 Next, mix the mayonnaise and cream cheese in the bowl of a food processor until well combined. (If you don’t have a food processor you can do this by hand - make sure that your cream cheese is VERY soft.)
3 Finally, transfer the mixture from the food processor to a large bowl. Add the cheeses, garlic, pimentos, salt, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper. Stir until thoroughly combined.
Is Pimento Cheese Keto?
That depends! While MOST Pimento Cheese is Keto-Friendly, it is important that you always read the label. Store-bought versions often have ingredients and sweeteners that you would not expect to be there. The easiest way to ensure that your pimento cheese is keto is to make it yourself.
How Do You Serve Keto Pimento Cheese?
- Use it to make pimento cheese stuffed olives.
- Make toast with a keto-friendly low carb bread.
- Serve with Low Carb Crackers.
- Serve with celery sticks, zucchini sticks, and red pepper strips.
- Use as a topping for burgers.
- Add to a lettuce wrap BLT.
- Use to make Deviled Eggs. (You will need to add a little liquid - water or broth work well.)
- Use it to stuff jalapeños.
Variations for This Recipe
- Feel free to mix up the cheeses. (But keep in mind - you want to stick to good quality cheeses if possible. The smokiness in the gouda makes a significant impact on the overall flavor.)
- Add 2 tablespoons of chopped pickled jalapeños.
- Add 2 tablespoons mild or hot chopped banana peppers.
Tips & Tricks
- Make sure you freshly shred the cheese. Pre-shredded doesn’t taste as good and will also impact the texture.
- This recipe will keep covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
You May Also Like:
- This Marinated Cheese is SO easy to make and is the perfect appetizer for your next get together.
- Keto Jalapeno Poppers are a crowd pleaser and no one will guess that they are keto.
- These Keto Cauliflower Wings are always a favorite! It is hard to believe vegetables can taste so good.
- Make these Keto Pecans once and they will quickly become a habit. I've lost count of how many times I've made them.
- Looking for something a little different? You will fall in love with these Keto Fried Pickles.
Keto Pimento Cheese Recipe
This Keto Pimento Cheese is absolutely irresistible! You are going to fall in love with its smoky, cheesy goodness! This recipe isn't finicky, so feel free to play around with it if you like. But whatever you do, don't skip the Smoked Gouda - it really is the star of the show. Just 1 net carb per serving!
Keto Pimento Cheese
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 ounces smoked gouda shredded
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 4 ounces jarred pimentos drained
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In the bowl of a food processor, mix together mayonnaise and cream cheese until well combined.
- Transfer to a bowl and add cheddar cheese, gouda cheese, garlic, pimentos, sea salt, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Can be made up to 5 days ahead of time and kept covered in the refrigerator.