It doesn't get much better than these Keto Jalapeno Poppers! With cream cheese, goat cheese, and cheddar cheese all topped off with bacon, your friends and family will break into a happy dance when you make these. Simply the best poppers I've ever had!
If you like appetizers as much as I do, you probably already have thought about how easy it is to make jalapeno poppers keto. All you have to do is leave off the breading.
With these baked Keto Jalapeno Poppers, you've got all of the flavors of traditional stuffed and breaded jalapeños with a fraction of the carbs. With just one net carb a serving, you can easily fit this into your macros.
I've been known to make a meal out of these by adding cooked and crumbled sausage or shredded chicken to the cheese mixture. (They are also fabulous at the center of stuffed chicken.)
Either way - you are going to be so wowed by the flavor of these keto stuffed jalapeños that you forget to miss the breadcrumbs. It just may become your new favorite keto appetizer.
Ingredients for Making Keto Stuffed Jalapeños
Jalapenos: Use medium to large jalapeno peppers. If you don't like spicy foods, I recommend removing both the seeds and membranes.
Cream Cheese: Cream cheese stuffed jalapeños are best will full-fat cream cheese that is at ro
Goat Cheese: If you prefer, you can omit the goat cheese and use more cream cheese.
Onion: Make sure it is finely chopped or minced for the best texture.
Garlic: Adjust the amount of garlic to your personal preference. If you don't have fresh garlic, garlic powder is a good substitute.
Cheddar: I recommend sharp cheddar cheese.
Bacon: I kept it easy by using cooked and crumbled bacon, but you could also wrap each of your stuffed jalapenos with a strip of bacon.
Variations for This Cream Cheese Jalapeno Popper Recipe
- If you don't like goat cheese, feel free to use all cream cheese. Alternatively, you can use all goat cheese.
- Add ½ teaspoon chili powder and ¼ teaspoon cumin to the cream cheese mixture. Alternatively, add 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- Substitute ricotta cheese for the goat cheese.
- Use Monterey Jack Cheese in place of the cheddar
- Add 4 ounces of cooked and crumbled Italian sausage to the cream cheese mixture.
- If you prefer, these can be cooked on the grill.
Serving Suggestions of Bacon Jalapeno Poppers
This recipe is great as is, but if you would like a dipping sauce use Keto Ranch Dressing or Blue Cheese.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. This is an entirely personal preference. I find the peppers to be crunchy without this additional step, but if that doesn't bother you, just skip the step.
Yes, you may make these up to two days ahead of time and store them tightly covered in the refrigerator. Leftovers will keep for up to four days in the refrigerator.
Yes. Jalapenos can be enjoyed in moderation on a keto diet. A jalapeno has .9 grams of carbohydrates, making it easy to fit these healthy jalapeño poppers into your macros.
Leftover gluten-free jalapeno poppers can be kept in the refrigerator for up to four days. I recommend reheating them in the oven or air fryer
How to Make Keto Jalapeno Poppers
Preheat: Like a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 420 degrees.
Prep Jalapeños - Slice jalapeños lengthwise. Seed and remove the white membranes. (I recommend wearing gloves for this - especially if you wear contacts.)
Bake - Place the peppers cut side down on the baking sheet and cook for 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
Mix Cheeses - Meanwhile, stir together the cream cheese, goat cheese, onion, and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Fill - Spoon the cream cheese filling into the peppers, and top with the cheddar cheese and top with the cooked and crumbled slices of bacon.
Bake - Bake for 5 minutes.
Broil - Turn the oven to broil, and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes. (Keep a close eye out so they don't burn!)
If You Like This Recipe You May Also Like:
Keto Jalapeno Poppers
- 10 jalapeño peppers
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 ounces goat cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 ounces cheddar shredded
- 3 pieces bacon cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the jalapeños lengthwise. Seed the chilies, and remove any remaining white membranes to make room for the filling.
- Place the jalapeños cut side down on the prepared baking sheet. Cook for 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and turn over. Allow to cool.
- While the jalapeños are cooking, stir together cream cheese, goat cheese, onion, and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the cream cheese filling into the cooled jalapenos.
- Top with cheese and bacon.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Turn the broiler on and broil until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Thank you for your recipes. I am gluten sensitive and fully enjoy the recipes.
My pleasure! Thank you for reading.
Tasty Japleno for sure!