People go crazy over these Keto Cauliflower Wings! When I first created this recipe, I made them three days in a row at my family's request. You are going to love the buttery, tangy sauce paired with surprisingly crispy cauliflower. This recipe has bold flavors, and it works well as a side for something simple, like Keto Grilled Chicken. I like to cook these in the air fryer, but you can bake them too!
These Keto Cauliflower Bites Make Veggies Exciting!
If you are looking for a recipe that will get you excited about eating low carb, these Keto Cauliflower Wings will do the trick.
I'd go so far as to say that eating your veggies has never been so fun.
These little bites really do have it all. Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, with a bold Buffalo flavor that we've all come to love. Perfect with a side of ranch or blue cheese dressing.
Serve this as a side dish, or make it as an appetizer for your next party. Either way, prepare for these babies to disappear quick.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can this recipe be made ahead?
You can make this recipe ahead, however, I recommend making it as close to serving as possible. Cauliflower tends to become soft and the breading loses its crispy factor. What you can do is batter the cauliflower a few hours ahead of time and then cook just prior to serving. For entertaining, you can make the breading mixture and cut the cauliflower a day ahead of time. Cauliflower loses moisture quickly when it cuts and this can actually result in crisper "wings". That being said, I still love the leftovers and look forward to it when we have them.
How do you store and reheat this recipe?
This dish is best stored covered in the refrigerator. If you need to layer, put parchment paper between the layers so the breading doesn't stick together and fall off.
What are the benefits of eating cauliflower?
Not only is cauliflower one of the most versatile vegetables out there, but it also offers health benefits. It is an excellent source of Vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin B6, fiber, and manganese. It may help to reduce chronic inflammation, which is believed to be a precursor to chronic illness. A 2014 study showed that women who ate the most cruciferous vegetables had lower levels of inflammatory biomarkers than those who ate the fewest. You can read more about cauliflower nutrition here.
Is cauliflower good for a keto diet?
Cauliflower is an excellent addition to a low carb or keto diet. You can substitute it for pasta, potatoes, rice, and even pizza crust!
Tips for Making This Recipe:
- While doing the breading, try to stick with one hand for the egg mixture, and the other for the almond flour mixture. This will make it easier, and less messy! When you use the same hand for both, the flour mixture tends to clump on your fingers and stick to it.
- This recipe works well in the oven, but if you have an Air Fryer I would recommend that you pull it out and use it. Your efforts will be rewarded with perfectly crispy and browned cauliflower.
- Depending on the size of your sheet pan or air fryer you may need to cook in batches. For the crispiest "wings", it is important not to overcrowd.
- Don't skip spraying your baking sheet or air fryer.
How to Make Keto Cauliflower Buffalo Wings - Air Fried or Baked!
1 Combine the almond flour, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Stir well.
2 In a separate bowl, beat the eggs together.
3 Dip the cauliflower into the eggs.
4 And then coat with the almond flour mixture.
5 Preheat your oven to 420 degrees or your air fryer to 400 degrees. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and continue with the remaining cauliflower.
6 Cook about 12 minutes in the air fryer or 16 minutes in the oven, until golden brown.
7 While the cauliflower is cooking, make the sauce by combining the hot sauce and butter in a small saucepan and cooking until the butter is melted.
8 Remove the cauliflower from the oven or air fryer and transfer to a bowl
9 Toss with the hot sauce and serve warm.
Tools Needed to Make Crispy Air Fryer Keto Fried Cauliflower:
- Air Fryer (I've had many air fryers and this is my favorite)
- Plastic Spatula
- Shallow Bowls or Breading Kit
- Parchment Paper - a must in my kitchen!
- Cookie sheet (For storing until you cook; bake on the cookie sheet if making this in the oven.)
Looking for More Sides and Appetizers?
- Keto Fried Pickles are another fabulous air fryer keto recipe that you don't want to miss! They are a fabulous way to mix up your appetizer game!
- Craving comfort food? Low Carb Cauliflower Mash is a fabulous easy to make side dish that will hit the spot.
- Keto Brussels Sprouts are quick to make and will convert even those who don't think they like Brussels Sprouts!
Keto Cauliflower Wings
We love big flavors in our family, and this dish really delivers. I recommend serving this recipe with Keto Ranch Dressing or Blue Cheese Dressing. And if you are feeling it, sprinkle on some blue cheese. The combination is irresistible. This is hands down the most requested side at our house.
Keto Cauliflower Wings
- 1 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees or oven to 420.
- Core the cauliflower and cut into larger florets.
- Beat the eggs together in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, Parmesan, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
- Dip the cauliflower into the egg mixture, and then coat in the almond flour mixture.
- Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet until ready to cook.
- Continue with the remaining cauliflower.
- Spray the bottom of your air fryer or a parchment lined baking sheet with oil.
- Add the cauliflower in a single layer. Spray the top.
- Cook for 10 to 12 minutes in the air fryer or 20 to 22 minutes in the oven, until golden brown, flipping half way through.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, make the sauce by combining the Franks Hot Sauce and butter in a small saucepan.
- Heat over medium low heat until the butter melts.
- Toss the crispy cauliflower with the sauce, and serve using a slotted spoon.